Kentucky Football Notebook - Aug. 29

Agboke Brothers on Each Sideline for UK-U of L Game:
The Agboke family of Lexington will be well-represented at Saturday's game between Kentucky and Louisville.

Adewale Agboke (pronounced "ah-DAY-wah-LAY ah-BO-kay") will be on the Louisville sideline while his brother, Adetayo (pronounced "ah-day-TIE-yo ah-BO-kay"), will be with the Wildcats.

Adewale is a reserve running back for the Cardinals. Two years older than Adetayo, Adewale originally attended Texas Tech for a year but did not play football. Adewale decided to resume the sport last year and chose to walk-on at Louisville in the fall of 1999.

Meanwhile, Adetayo was a walk-on linebacker with the Wildcats last season as a freshman. He played for the junior varsity team in 1999 and has moved up to the varsity. He is expected to play on UK's kickoff coverage team on Saturday.

The Agboke brothers are graduates of Dulles High School in Houston. The Agboke family parents Adewale, Sr., and Tracy, along with two younger children (a brother and sister) moved to Lexington in the summer of 2000.

Adetayo and Adewale were together on Sunday, when the family gathered to celebrate Adewale's birthday. With the game less than a week away, was there any "debate" between the brothers at the birthday party?

"No, nothing like that on Sunday," Adetayo said. "But there was a lot said during the summer!"

Wajda Knows the Media Drill:
Wildcat free safety Anthony Wajda has a special understanding of the behind-the-scenes media activities that will surround Saturday's Kentucky-Louisville game.

Wajda grew up in Louisville, and during his four years at Trinity High School, was a student worker for the media relations office at University of Louisville football and men's basketball games. Wajda helped with pre-game setup for the football press box at Cardinal Stadium and for basketball press row at Freedom Hall. During the game, he distributed statistics and ran errands as needed.

"It's pretty crazy (during the games)," Wajda said. "It's very hectic between quarters and at halftime when you're trying to get the statistics distributed in a hurry.

"It gave me a better appreciation of what the media does. They have a tough job, coping with players and getting stories done before deadlines."

Tuesday's Practice:
Dressed in helmets, shoulder pads, and shorts, the Wildcats went through a vigorous two-hour practice Tuesday afternoon at the Nutter Training Center.

The first-team offense and defense practiced against each other and each unit also worked out against the scout teams. There was an extensive special teams period.

The Wildcats will return to the practice field Thursday and Friday.