Johnson Named to Lombardi Watch List
Aug. 18, 2009
LEXINGTON, Ky. - Senior linebacker Micah Johnson has been named to the preseason watch list for the Rotary Lombardi Award, given to the nation's top collegiate lineman, including offensive and defensive linemen, tight ends and linebackers. The honor is sponsored by the Rotary Club of Houston, Texas.
Johnson earned first-team All-Southeastern Conference honors in 2008 as chosen by league coaches. His accomplishments included:
- 93 tackles last season and would have been well over 100 stops had he not missed two and one-half games because of injury.
- 13 tackles behind the line of scrimmage, leading the team in that category.
- He ranked third in the SEC in tackles per game.
- He led the team in tackles in eight of the 11 games in which he played.
- He had four double-digit tackling efforts, including a career-high 15 stops in the win over Arkansas.
Johnson (Ft. Campbell, Ky.) considered entering the 2009 National League Draft, but decided to return for his senior season. Part of the reason was the opportunity to play his senior season with his brother Christian, a senior offensive guard for the Wildcats.