Blue/White Game, Presented by Verizon, Set for Saturday
April 18, 2011
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The Blue/White Spring Football Game is set for Saturday, April 23, at 3 p.m. at Commonwealth Stadium. The event is presented by Verizon.
Here is some additional information on the game:
- Admission and parking are free on a first-come, first-served basis. (If you've never gotten to sit on the 50-yard line, here's your chance!)
- The Red, Blue and Green parking lots open at 8 a.m. and fans are welcome to tailgate.
- Stadium gates 2, 3, 4, 9, 10 and 11 open at 1:30 p.m.
- Seating will be available in the north, west and south lower sections of the stadium.
- Verizon, the event sponsor, will be positioned inside stadium gates 4 and 9. Verizon will be giving away sunglasses, lanyards or drawstring bags while supplies last.
- Team roster cards will be given away at the stadium gates. There is a coupon on the back of the roster card which is good for free admission to that night's baseball game at 7 p.m. vs. Arkansas.
- The stadium ticket office outside gate 4 will be open from 1-3 p.m. in order for current season-ticket holders to renew their tickets.
- Concession stands and the Nike Team Shops will be available on the stadium concourse.
- There will be a radio broadcast on the Big Blue Sports Network, including WLAP in Lexington (630 on the AM dial) and WHAS in Louisville (840 AM).
Format for Blue/White Game: Because of some injuries and depth concerns at certain positions, the coaching staff has decided to make the Blue/White Game offense vs. defense instead of a standard game format.
The game will have a scoring system. The coaches are in the process of finalizing the system, which will be announced later in the week.