Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Nov. 27, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 6-6 overall, 2-6 in the Southeastern Conference. Tennessee is now 6-6, 3-5 in league play.
- Tennessee leads the series 74-23-9, including a 39-10-6 mark in Knoxville.
- Tennessee has won 26 straight games against the Wildcats.
UK Team Notes
- With 272 yards through the air, UK has thrown for at least 200 yards in every game this season.
- 1st Quarter Summary
- Kentucky won the toss and deferred to the second half. Tennessee took the opening kickoff 78 yards to the Kentucky 17-yard line.
- UT’s Daniel Lincoln misses a 28-yard field goal.
- UK’s Hartline completes 12-yard pass to Cobb on third and long to Tennessee 37-yard line.
- Kentucky’s Hartline completed 14-yard pass to Robinson for a first down at the Tennessee 19-yard line.
- UK’s Locke takes the carry and rushes down the left sideline for a 17-yard touchdown rush. Kentucky 7, Tennessee 0 (9:50)
- Cobb rushes three yards to the Tennessee 32 on fourth and inches to keep a UK drive alive.
- Cobb throws incomplete, however, dead ball personal foul on UT gives Kentucky first down at Tennessee 12-yard line.
- UK’s Hartline and Locke fumble handoff at the UT one-yard line, recovered by Tennessee in the endzone for a touchback.
- 2nd Quarter Summary
- UT’s Bray completes 44-yard pass to Moore at the Kentucky 11-yard line.
- UT’s Bray connects with Jones on an 11-yard TD pass. Kentucky 7, Tennessee 7 (13:53)
- UT’s Bray completes 49-yard pass to Moore for a first down at the Kentucky 11-yard line.
- UT’s Bray connects with Moore for 12-yard touchdown reception. Kentucky 7, Tennessee 14 (10:50)
- UT’s Bray completes long pass to Moore for 48 yards and a first down at the Kentucky 24-yard line.
- UK’s Sneed and Mosley sack Bray for a loss of 10 at the Tennessee 44-yard line.
- UK’s Cobb catches seven-yard pass but fumbles at the UK 44-yard line, Tennessee’s Brewer recovers.
- UT’s Bray throws interception to UK’s Guy at the UT four-yard line, his third of the season.
- UK’s McIntosh misses 42-yard field goal, breaking his streak of eight consecutive makes.
- 3rd Quarter Summary
- Kentucky’s Allen takes the opening kickoff of the second half at the Kentucky 24-yard line.
- UK’s Hartline completes 37-yard pass to Matthews for a first down at the UT 11-yard line.
- Kentucky’s Hartline completes pass on fourth down to Robinson in the endzone for a two-yard touchdown receptions. The touchdown was the first of Robinson’s career. Kentucky 14, Tennessee 14 (10:10)
- UT punter Palardy takes fake punt 16 yards for a first down.
- On third down, UT’s Moore makes 16-yard reception from Bray for a Tennessee first down at the Kentucky 28-yard line.
- UK’s Bailey intercepts pass from UT’s Bray in the endzone for a touchback. The INT was the second of the season for Bailey.
- UT’s Poole rushes two yards for a touchdown. Kentucky 14, Tennessee 21 (00:50)
- 4th Quarter Summary
- UT’s Lincoln connects on a 36-yard field goal. Kentucky 14, Tennessee 24 (9:19)
UK Individual Notes
- Junior Randall Cobb totaled 116 yards on 13 catches, also rushing five times for 25 yards.
- Cobb did not score today, marking the first game this season he has not been responsible for a rushing, receiving or passing score.
- Cobb’s 116-yard receiving outing marks his fourth 100-yard receiving game of his career.
- With 13 catches, Cobb recorded the second-most receptions in UK single-game history, three shy of the school record (16 by Craig Yeast vs. Vanderbilt in 1998).
- Cobb now owns 1,599 career receiving yards, moving into sixth place in the UK career record books.
- Cobb totaled 145 all-purpose yards during the game and now owns 2,192 all-purpose yards this season, ranking second all-time in Southeastern Conference history. Former Arkansas tailback Darren McFadden has the single-season league record of 2,310 all-purpose yards.
- Senior quarterback Mike Hartline finished with 272 yards passing on 31-of-44 attempts, totaling one touchdown.
- Hartline now owns 3,178 yards passing on the year, becoming the fifth player in program annals to throw for at least 3,000 yards in a season.
- Hartline’s 3,178 passing yards in 2010 ranks seventh all-time in UK single-season history.
- Hartline now owns 5,680 career passing yards to move past Bill Ransdell for fourth place on the UK career passing yardage list.
- Tight end Anthony Kendrick made his first career start and made his first career catch, a four-yard grab.
- Senior wide receiver Chris Matthews finished with six catches for 85 yards.
- Matthews owns 897 yards receiving in 2010 and in his career, has 1,251 total receiving yards, moving past tight end Derek Smith (1999-01) for 16th on the UK career receiving list.
- Freshman Tyler Robinson, a native of Alcoa, Tenn., registered his third career start at tight end and finished with a career-best four catches for 25 yards, including his first career touchdown.
- Senior Derrick Locke rushed a season-high 24 times for 97 yards.
- Junior linebacker Danny Trevathan recorded a team-best 10 tackles in the game, his ninth game leading UK in tackles this season.
- Trevathan has recorded double-digit tackles in eight consecutive games, the longest streak since Marty Moore had double-figure tackles in 13-consecutive games in 1991-92.
- Craig McIntosh missed a field goal in the first half, breaking a streak of eight consecutive field goals. The eight straight FGs was the longest streak since Taylor Begley hit a school-record nine in a row in 2005.