Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
Nov. 24, 2012
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 2-10 overall, 0-8 in the Southeastern Conference. Tennessee is 5-7 overall, 1-7 in league play.
- Tennessee leads the series 75-24-9, including 40-10-6 in games played in Knoxville.
- A total of 19 Kentucky seniors participated in their final collegiate game today.
- UK scored on its opening possession for the second consecutive game and the third time of 2012.
- UK blocked its fourth kick of the year and its third PAT attempt of 2012.
- Farrington Huguenin was credited with the block, the first UK block since Collins Ukwu’s PAT block vs. Missouri in 2012.
- Kentucky entered the game having played the toughest schedule in the nation, according to the Colley Matrix computer ratings, a component of the BCS rankings.
- Kentucky fielded one of the nation’s youngest teams, playing 14 true freshmen and 27 total (true and redshirt) frosh. UK was fourth in the nation in total freshmen played, sixth in the number of true freshmen played.
- UK held a 261-234 advantage in total yards at halftime, outgaining the Vols 125-62 in rushing yards.
- The Wildcats collected 412 yards of total offense, their third-best offensive outing in 2012.
- Senior WR La’Rod King caught a career-high 10 balls for 78 yards.
- He finished his career with 1,706 yards receiving, passing Randall Cobb for sixth-most in UK career receiving history.
- King had 134 career catches, seventh-most in school history.
- Junior TB Raymond Sanders rushed a team-high 16 times for 54 yards.
- Sanders now has 1,078 career rushing yards, passing Dicky Lyons Sr. (1966-68) and Roger Gann (1967-69) to move into No. 29 on the UK career rushing list.
- Freshman QB Jalen Whitlow set new career highs with passes completed (29), passes attempted (45) and passing yards (225).
- Whitlow set a new career long with a 21-yard scramble in the first half.
- He rushed nine times for 31 yards.
- Junior tailback Jonathan George finished with eight rushes for 59 yards and one touchdown.
- George’s 45-yard TD rush in the second quarter marked a new career-long.
- George added three catches for 54 yards.
- Sophomore linebacker Alvin “Bud” Dupree had a club-best 10 tackles, one sack and three tackles for a loss.
- Dupree has now had a tackle for a loss in three consecutive games.
- Dupree finished 2012 with a club-best 12.5 tackles for a loss and a team-leading 6.5 sacks.
- His sack came against a team that allowed only eight sacks all year, pacing the SEC.
- Senior WR Gene McCaskill caught a season-high tying three passes for 22 yards.
- Linebacker Avery Williamson – who entered the game leading the SEC in tackles – had seven tackles and finished the year with 135 tackles.
- Williamson added his fourth pass break-up of the year.
- Freshman DB Cody Quinn recorded his team-leading fifth pass break-up of the year.
- Junior TE Tyler Robinson, a native of Friendsville, Tenn., caught a career-best three passes for a career-long 46 yards, including a 20-yard grab.
- Robinson had his best game as a freshman at Tennessee in 2010, hauling in four catches for 25 yards and a touchdown.
- Freshman defensive lineman Farrington Huguenin made his first career start, marking the 17th UK player to make their first career starts in 2012.
- Huguenin blocked his first career kick, a PAT in the second quarter. It was UK’s fourth blocked kick of the year and the third PAT blocked of the season.
- He finished with two tackles and two quarterback hurries.
- Freshman fullback D.J. Warren connected on his first career TD reception to open UK’s scoring in the first quarter.
- Kicker Craig McIntosh connected on 1-of-2 field goal attempts, connecting from 29 yards out in the third quarter and missing from 36 yards in the second quarter.
- McIntosh finished his career with 172 career points, seventh in school history.
- McIntosh was 31-for-44 in field goal attempts in his career. His .705 career percentage is good for the fourth-best percentage in program history.
- Punter Landon Foster punted it five times for 240 yards (48-yard average), with a long of 54 and one punt downed inside the 20-yard line.
- Foster finished 2012 with 61 punts for 2,617 yards.
- Foster’s 42.9 average is the highest average ever by a Wildcat freshman.
- Foster had 13 punts in 2012 downed inside the 20-yard line.