Kentucky-Vanderbilt Postgame Notes
Nov. 16, 2013
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 2-8 overall, 0-6 in the Southeastern Conference. Vanderbilt is 6-4 overall, 3-4 in the league.
- The all-time series is tied, 41-41-4.
- Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats have their final road game of the season Sat. Nov. 23 at Georgia. Game time is 7 p.m. in Sanford Stadium. The TV assignment is TBA.
UK Team Notes
- On the team’s first offensive possession, Kentucky drove 75 yards for a touchdown, with Jojo Kemp running it in from two yards out.
- It marked the third-straight game that Kentucky scored on its first possession.
- It marked the fifth-consecutive half that UK scored on its first possession.
- UK had season bests in first downs and total yards allowed vs. an SEC opponent, as the Wildcats held Vanderbilt to 14 first downs and 313 total yards. Both totals were the third-fewest UK has allowed in each category this season, including non-conference games.
- UK also allowed 116 yards on the ground, its fewest rushing yards allowed to an SEC foe this year, and its second fewest ground yards given up against all opponents this year.
UK Individual Notes
- Jalen Whitlow threw for 120 yards on 14-of-28 passing. Whitlow also ran for a team-high 69 yards, marking the third time he has led UK in rushing in 2013.
- Raymond Sanders rushed for 60 yards today, to take his career total to 1,542 total yards and move past Mike Fanuzzi (1,482) and Al Baker (1,534) for 16th place on the UK career rushing list.
- Donte Rumph had a career-high 10 tackles and added a tackle for loss. His previous best was seven stops earlier this season at Mississippi State.
- Landon Foster had a career-long 59-yard punt and three of his five punts were inside the 20-yard line.
- Jojo Kemp rushed for a touchdown in the first quarter. He has scored a TD in three of his most recent four games.
- Alvin “Bud” Dupree had 1.5 sacks, taking his season total to seven
- Khalid Henderson made eight stops, his second highest single-game tackles output this season. He made 10 tackles in the season opener vs. WKU.
- Cody Quinn started his second consecutive game at cornerback and had a season-high five tackles, as well as a pass breakup.
- Glenn Faulkner made his first collegiate start at safety.
- The UK captains were Jordan Aumiller, Alvin “Bud” Dupree, Kevin Mitchell and Avery Williamson.