Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
Nov. 8, 2008
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 6-4, 2-4 in the SEC. Georgia is 8-2, 5-2.
- Georgia leads the series, 49-11-2, including 23-7 in games played in Lexington.
- Kentucky returns to action Sat. Nov. 15 at home vs. Vanderbilt. The game will be played at 8 p.m. and televised by ESPN2.
UK Team Notes
- Kentucky blocked a kick for the second consecutive game with Danny Trevathan's blocked punt in the third quarter. UK now has three blocked kicks on the season, including a blocked field goal, PAT and punt. The last Kentucky player to block a punt was Roger Williams versus Florida State on December 31, 2007 in the Music City Bowl.
- Kentucky rushed for a season-high five touchdowns in the game. The last time UK rushed for five or more touchdowns in a game was six against Kent State last season. The last time UK rushed for five or more touchdowns in an SEC game was five against Vanderbilt in 2005.
- Kentucky rushed for 226 yards on 56 carries. That was the most for the Wildcats in an SEC game since UK got 228 rushing yards vs. Vanderbilt in 2002.
- Randall Cobb, Tony Dixon and Alfonso Smith all rushed for 60 yards or more against the Bulldogs. The last time UK had three rushers with 60 or more yards in a game was Sept. 7, 2002 versus Texas-El Paso. The last time UK had three rushers over 60 yards in an SEC game was against LSU in 1995.
1 st Quarter Summary
- Georgia 's Matthew Stafford completed a 29-yard pass to Mohamed Massaquoi for a touchdown. UGA 7, UK 0 (13:11)
- Georgia 's Matthew Stafford completed a 34-yard pass to Knowshon Moreno to the UK 33.
- Georgia 's Knowshon Moreno rushed for a 6-yard touchdown. UGA 14, UK 0 (7:38)
- Kentucky 's John Conner rushed for 5 yards on 4 th and 1 at the UGA 39.
- Kentucky 's John Conner rushed for 9 yards on 3 rd and inches at the UGA 25.
- Kentucky 's John Conner rushed for 5 yards on 4 th and 1 at the UGA 7.
- Kentucky 's Tony Dixon rushed for a 3-yard touchdown. It was Dixon 's fifth touchdown this season and 14 th of his career. UGA 14, UK 7 (1:14)
2 nd Quarter Summary
- After recovering a fumble at the UK 37, Georgia turned the ball over on downs at the UK 33-yard line after an incomplete pass on 4 th and 6.
- Kentucky 's Randall Cobb rushed for a 2-yard touchdown. It was Cobb's fourth rushing touchdown this season. UGA 14, UK 14 (7:15)
- Georgia 's Matthew Stafford completed a 46-yard pass to Michael Moore to the UK 11.
- Georgia 's Matthew Stafford completed a 7-yard pass to Shaun Chapas for a touchdown. UGA 21, UK 14. (4:48)
- Kentucky 's Randall Cobb completed a 19-yard pass to Tony Dixon to the UGA 48. A 15-yard face mask penalty moved the ball to the UGA 33.
- Kentucky turned the ball over on downs at the UGA 35-yard line after a 4-yard loss on 4 th and 8.
3 rd Quarter Summary
- Kentucky 's Lones Seiber kicked a 40-yard field goal. UGA 21, UK 17 (9:19)
- Georgia 's Matthew Stafford was sacked by Kentucky 's Ventrell Jenkins and Jeremy Jarmon at the UGA 19-yard line.
- Kentucky 's Danny Trevathan blocked a punt by Georgia 's Brian Mimbs which was recovered by A.J. Nance at the UGA 9.
- Kentucky 's Randall Cobb rushed for a 9-yard touchdown. It was Cobb's second rushing touchdown of the day and fifth of the season. UK 24, UGA 21 (7:31)
- Georgia 's Knowshon Moreno rushed for a 20-yard touchdown. UGA 28, UK 24 (3:21)
- Kentucky 's Tim Masthay punted for 60 yards; Miller was tackled for a one-yard loss at the UGA 3-yard line.
4 th Quarter Summary
- Kentucky 's Tony Dixon rushed for a 14-yard touchdown. It was Dixon 's second rushing TD of the day and sixth touchdown of the season. UK 31, UGA 28, (14:26)
- Georgia 's Knowshon Moreno rushed for an 18-yard touchdown. UGA 35, UK 31 (13:48)
- Kentucky 's Winston Guy returned the kickoff 96 yards to the UGA 4.
- Kentucky 's Randall Cobb rushed for a 1-yard touchdown. It was Cobb's third rushing touchdown of the day and sixth of the season. UK 38, UGA 35 (12:15)
- Kentucky 's Braxton Kelley caused and recovered a fumble by Georgia 's Mohamed Massaquoi at the UK 49.
- Kentucky 's Micah Johnson caused a fumble by Georgia 's Mohamed Massaquoi which was recovered by Kentucky 's Robbie McAtee at the UK 38.
- Georgia 's Matthew Stafford completed a 78-yard pass to Mohamed Massaquoi to the UK 7.
- Georgia 's Matthew Stafford completed an 11-yard touchdown pass to A.J. Green. UGA 42, UK 38. (1:54)
- Georgia 's Demarcus Dobbs intercepted a pass from Randall Cobb at the UGA 18 with 46 seconds remaining.
UK Individual Notes
- Jeremy Jarmon joined with Ventrell Jenkins with a sack of quarterback Matthew Stafford to earn 0.5 sacks on the day and move into sole possession of fifth on UK 's career sacks list with 16.5.
- With his 40-yard field goal in the third quarter, Lones Seiber tied Doug Pelfrey for fourth on UK 's career field goals made list. It is the 34 th field goal of Seiber's career.
- Braxton Kelley made six stops against Georgia . He now has made at least three tackles in 22 consecutive games.
- Tony Dixon gained 61 yards on 18 carries to increase his career total to 1,245 yards, just five yards shy of 22 nd place on the UK all-time rushing list.
- Winston Guy returned three kickoffs for 146 yards, including a career-high 96 yard return for 48.7 yards per return average.
- Freshman Randall Cobb rushed for a career-high 82 yards on 18 carries. He also completed 12-of-20 passes for a career-high 105 yards. Cobb doubled his rushing touchdown total to six on the year. Cobb became the first Wildcat to rush for three touchdowns since Rafael Little vs. Vanderbilt on November 12, 2005.
- Tim Masthay, the SEC leader in touchbacks, has 20 touchbacks on the season after one touchback against Georgia . Masthay's 23 touchbacks last season led the Southeastern Conference.
- Sophomore Kyrus Lanxter earned his first career start at wide receiver with a career-high four receptions for 25 yards.
- Freshman Taiedo Smith earned his first career start at strong safety.
- Junior Micah Johnson led the team in tackles for the second-straight game and fifth time this season with eight stops of the Bulldogs.