Kentucky-Mississippi State Postgame Notes
Oct. 24, 2013
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 1-6, 0-4 in the SEC. Mississippi State is 4-3 overall, 1-2 in the league.
- Kentucky leads the series, 21-20. MSU has won five in a row.
- Kentucky got 325 yards total offense, most this season against an SEC team.
- UK’s 160 rushing yards is a season high vs. an SEC opponent.
- The UK defense had eight tackles for loss against Mississippi State, which is the most it has recorded this season. The previous season high was seven against Miami (Ohio).
- Kentucky returns to action Sat. Nov. 2 as the Wildcats play host to Alabama State. It will be UK’s Homecoming with game time set for 7:30 p.m. EDT. The game will be televised by Comcast Sports Southeast (CSS).
- Raymond Sanders rushed 15 times for 86 yards. He moved past Alfred Rawls and Tony Dixon for 19th place on the UK career rushing list and now has 1,419 career yards.
- Freshman running back Jojo Kemp rushed 15 times for 63 yards, including a 14-yard touchdown run that was his first collegiate TD.
- Quarterback Maxwell Smith completed 18 of 34 passes for 160 yards and one touchdown.
- Freshman wide receiver Ryan Timmons caught five passes for 69 yards, including a 51-yard touchdown reception that is the longest of his career.
- Tight end Jordan Aumiller had a career-high four catches for 28 yards.
- Linebacker Avery Williamson finished the game with 10 tackles. He now has a streak of 26 consecutive games with at least three tackles. This was the fourth double-digit tackle game for Williamson this season.
- Defensive end Bud Dupree had a season-high 13 tackles. This was the third double-digit tackle game of Dupree’s career.
- Za’Darius Smith was part of two quarterback sacks in the third quarter (two one-half sacks), giving him 5.5 sacks on the season.
- Cornerback Fred Tiller had a career-high nine tackles, including a pair of tackles for loss.
- Freshman defensive back Marcus McWilson had a half sack in the game, the first of his career.
- Joe Mansour’s 45-yard field goal in the second quarter is the longest of his career. He added a 44-yard field goal in the fourth quarter.