Kentucky-Louisiana Monroe Postgame Notes
Oct. 24, 2009
Commonwealth Stadium, Lexington, Ky.
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 4-3 on the season. The University of Louisiana at Monroe is 4-3.
- Kentucky leads the series, 3-1. UK has won three straight.
- Next for Kentucky: the Wildcats have Homecoming against Mississippi State on Oct. 31 at 7 p.m. The game will be televised by selected regional channels on the Fox Sports Network.
UK Team Notes
- Kentucky has won 17 consecutive non-conference games, tying the school-record streak previously set from 1954-60.
- Kentucky's 28 first half points were the most since scoring 28 points in the opening half vs. Florida Atlantic, Sept. 29, 2007.
- The last time Kentucky blocked a PAT was also by Matt Roark vs. East Carolina, Jan. 2, 2009
- UK scored the most points since posting 42 against Miami in the season opener.
- T he last time Kentucky recorded a safety was versus Florida, Oct. 25, 2008.
- Kentucky was perfect on fourth down conversions going 2-of-2. UK is 10 of 13 on the year.
- Recorded three interceptions in a game for the first time since the 2008 season opener at Louisville.
- Kentucky was 2-of-2 on red zone conversions in the game. UK has converted 19-of-23 (82.6 percent) this season for 121 points (16 touchdowns, three field goals, one blocked FG, two loss on downs and one end of half).
- Five UK defenders posted a total of seven team tackles for a loss in the game, a season high.
- 1st Quarter Summary
- UK's John Conner rushed for 37 yards to the ULM 1 yard line. (11:42)
- It was the longest rush of Conner's career.
- UK's John Conner rushed for a 1-yard TD (11:04); UK 7, ULM 0
- It was Conner second rushing TD of the season and fourth of his career.
- UK's Randall Cobb returned a punt 73 yards for the TD (9:18); UK 14, ULM 0
- It was Cobb's first punt return for a TD in his career
- ULM's Nate Brown intercepted UK's Morgan Newton at the UK 42-yard line
- It was the first interception of Newton's career.
- ULM's field goal attempt failed at the UK 10-yard line.
- 2nd Quarter Summary
- UK's Randall Cobb rushed for 28 yards to the ULM 11.
- UK's Randall Cobb rushed for an 11-yard TD (11:00); UK 21, ULM 0
- It was Cobb fourth rushing TD of the season and 11 th of his career.
- ULM's Cody Wells completed a 10-yard TD pass to Luther Ambrose (4:52); UK 21, ULM 7
- UK's Will Fidler completed a 37-yard pass to Chris Matthews.
- It was a career-long pass for Fidler and a career-long reception for Matthews.
- UK's Will Fidler completed a 25-yard TD pass to John Conner. (3:09); UK 28, ULM 7
- It was Fidler's first collegiate TD pass and Conner's first of the season and fourth of his career.
- 3rd Quarter Summary
- ULM's Radi Jabour missed a 31-yard field goal attempt.
- ULM's Frank Goodin rushed for a 3-yard TD. PAT was blocked (0:49)
- UK's Matt Roark blocked the PAT attempt. It was the fourth blocked kick of his career and the third blocked PAT. UK 28, ULM 13
- 4th Quarter Summary
- ULM's Otis Stamps intercepted UK's Will Fidler at the ULM 4-yard line (12:42)
- ULM's Cody Wells recovered his own fumble for a safety. (11:57); UK 30, ULM 13
- The last time Kentucky recorded a safety was versus Florida, Oct. 25, 2008
- UK's Will Fidler fumbled at the ULM 23-yard line. It was forced by ULM's Cardia Jackson.
- UK's Randall Burden intercepted ULM's Cody Wells for a 50-yard TD (7:41)
- It was Burden's first interception of his career and the first UK interception for a TD since Trevard Lindley's interception return against Miami in the season opener.
- Lones Seiber's PAT attempt was blocked. UK 36, ULM 13
- UK's Matt Lentz intercepted ULM's Cody Wells and returned it 23 yards to the UK 36. The interception is the second of Lentz's career.
- UK's Ashton Cobb intercepted ULM's Cody Wells and returned it 3 yards to the ULM 38.
UK Individual Notes
- Randall Cobb's 1 st quarter punt return for a TD was the first for UK since Rafael Little's 84-yard return vs. ULM on Nov. 18, 2006
- Cobb has scored at least one touchdown in 10 of 18 career games and eight of the last 10.
- Randall Cobb led the team with 152 all-purpose yards with 27 yards receiving, 41 yards rushing and 84 yards on punt returns.
- La'Rod King hauled in his first career reception good for eight yards and a first down.
- John Conner scored a TD both rushing and receiving which was the second time this season a UK player accomplished this feat. Randall Cobb pulled off the combo earlier vs. South Carolina.
- Conner's 46 yards rushing was a career high.
- Derrick Locke gained 36 yards on 10 carries to increase his career total to 1, 319 yards and move into 20 th on UK's all-time rushing list. He needs 52 yards to overtake Alfred Rawls (1988-9) for 19 th overall.
- Alfonso Smith gained 14 yards on four carries to increase his career total to 867 yards, only 133 shy of the 1,000-yard mark.
- Corey Peters recorded the only UK sack of the evening to increase his team lead to four on the season.
- Chris Matthews caught a career-long 37 yard pass from Randall Cobb in the second quarter.
- The 37-yard toss matched Cobb's career-long pass set last season against Arkansas.
- Linebacker Danny Trevathan led the Wildcats in tackles for the second straight game, charting eight stops.
- DeQuin Evans posted a career-high three tackles for loss, matching his season total through six games.
- Linebacker Sam Maxwell deflected two passes against ULM to increase his season total to seven. Maxwell is averaging 1 PBU per game this season, recording a breakup in six of seven contests.
- Defensive back Randall Burden recorded his second straight game with two pass breakups after making a pair of deflections at Auburn.