Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
Oct. 20, 2012
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 1-7 overall, 0-5 in the Southeastern Conference. Georgia is 6-1 overall, 4-1 in league play.
- Georgia leads the series 52-12-2.
- Kentucky is 47-20 in Homecoming games since 1946.
- Kentucky returns to action Saturday, Oct. 27, at Missouri. The game is at noon EDT (11 a.m. CDT in Columbia).
- The Wildcats scored on its opening drive for the first time in 2012, driving 84 yards in 13 plays for a touchdown, taking 5:01 off the clock.
- Kentucky entered the game having played the toughest schedule in the nation, according to three of the computer ratings used in the official BCS rankings.
- UK faced its fifth top-25 opponent of the season, with UK’s opponents combining for a 37-7 record when not playing Kentucky in 2012.
- UK rushed for 206 yards on 43 carries, a new season high, eclipsing the 185 rushing yards on 30 carries in the win over Kent State.
- The Wildcats held Georgia to 77 rushing yards on 32 carries, the fewest rushing yards for a UK opponent in 2012 and the fewest rushing yards for the Bulldogs on the season.
- Marked the first time UK held an opponent under 100 yards of rushing since limiting Tennessee to 61 yards in 2011.
- UK’s 24-point output vs. the Bulldogs marked the second-most points scored vs. UGA in 2012.
- Kentucky is fielding one of the nation’s youngest teams, playing 14 true freshmen and 26 total (true and redshirt) frosh, one of the nation’s top-five teams in each category. Highlighting the youth is the Wildcat secondary, which entered this game with one senior, two sophomores and five true freshmen on the two-deep.
- Freshman QB Jalen Whitlow rushed six times for 31 yards and was 9-for-13 for 86 yards in the air.
- On a trick play in the second quarter, Whitlow hauled in his first career catch, a 33-yard grab from WR Demarco Robinson.
- Robinson made his first career pass attempt in the second quarter, hooking up with Whitlow for a 33-yard completion.
- Junior TB Jonathan George set a new career high with 87 yards on 12 rushes. George’s 87-yard rushing outing eclipses 52-yard rushing games vs. Kent State and Florida.
- Junior TB Raymond Sanders rushed 18 times for 72 yards, recording his third TD run of the year and the sixth of his career.
- Senior QB Morgan Newton threw his first touchdown of the season and the 15th of his career.
- Newton added a two-yard touchdown rush in the second quarter, his first rushing TD of the year and the fifth of his career.
- He finished with five rushes for 21 yards.
- Senior Aaron Boyd hauled in his second touchdown of the year in the first quarter, a four-yard grab.
- Senior DE Taylor Wyndham and junior DL Donte Rumph each finished with 1.5 sacks in the game.
- The sacks give Wyndham 7.5 in his career.
- Rumph has four sacks in his career and three in 2012.
- Junior LB Avery Williamson led UK with 13 tackles, marking his fifth double-digit tackle effort of the year.
- Freshman DB Fred Tiller charted a career-high eight tackles.
- Sophomore DB Ashely Lowery recorded his first career tackle for a loss.
- Sophomore DB Eric Dixon recorded his first career sack, totaling three tackles in the game.
- Senior PK Craig McIntosh made his fourth field goal of the season and is now 4-for-8 in 2012.
- In his career, McIntosh has made 27-of-35 field-goal attempts, including 7-of-8 from 30-39 yards.