Kentucky-Florida Postgame Notes
Sept. 26, 2009
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 2-1 on the season, 0-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Florida is 4-0 overall, 2-0 in the league.
- Florida leads the series, 43-17. The Gators have won the last 23 in a row.
- Kentucky returns to action at home vs. Alabama on Sat. Oct. 3. Kickoff is set for 12:21 and the game will be televised by the SEC Network.
UK Team Notes
- UK is now 3-9 all-time versus No. 1 ranked teams.
- The Wildcats are now 21-53-2 in 76 conference openers.
- Tonight's attendance of 71,011 is the fourth-largest in school history.
- The Wildcats were perfect from the red zone against Florida, with a touchdown in their one possession inside the UF 20.
- UK has converted 8 of 10 red zone opportunities (80 percent) for 52 points this season (seven touchdowns, one field goal, one loss on downs and one end of the half).
1st Quarter Summary
- UF's Caleb Sturgis made a 22-yard field goal (11:13); UF 3, UK 0
- UF's Tim Tebow rushed for a 3-yard TD (7:11); UF 10, UK 0
- UF's Chris Rainey blocked Ryan Tydlacka's punt and recovered for TD (6:04); UF 17, UK 0
- UF's Tim Tebow rushed for a 2-yard TD (2:15); UF 24, UK 0
- UF's Aaron Hernandez caught a 44-yard TD pass from Tim Tebow (0:00); UF 31, UK 0
2nd Quarter Summary
3rd Quarter Summary
- UK's Taylor Wyndham sacked UF's Tim Tebow for a 2-yard loss. Tebow injured on the play.
- UF's Caleb Sturgis made a 33-yard field goal (3:45); UF 34, UK 7
- UF's John Brantley takes over at QB (0:48)
4th Quarter Summary
- UF's John Brantley fumbles, recovered by UK's Corey Peters at the UK 27 (12:05)
- UF's Riley Cooper caught an 8-yard TD pass from John Brantley (6:39); UF 41, UK 7
UK Individual Notes
- Ross Bogue scored his first career touchdown on a 2-yard reception from QB Mike Hartline in the second quarter.
- After gaining 36 yards on 13 carries, Derrick Locke has 993 career rushing yards and needs just seven more yards for 1,000.
- Alfonso Smith rushed for 12 yards. He now has 805 career rushing yards and needs 195 yards for 1,000.
- Lones Seiber tied the UK career scoring record with a PAT late in the second quarter, giving him 246 career points. Joey Worley also had 246 career points.
- Seiber broke the UK record for most PATs attempted with 136, one more than Seth Hanson (1997-98, 2000-01).
- Micah Johnson surpassed the 200-mark for career tackles with nine for the game, including one for a loss. Johnson now has 205 career stops.
- Randall Cobb led the team in receptions for the third consecutive game to open the season, snaring five receptions for 24 yards.
- Derrick Locke led the team in all-purpose yards for the second consecutive game totaling 118 yards in the game, 36 on the ground and 82 yards on kick returns.
- Calvin Harrison led the teams in tackles with a career-high 11 stops, his second game all-time in double figures. He previously posted 10 tackles at Vanderbilt in 2007.
- Harrison now has over 100 career tackles (102).
- Taylor Wyndham posted his second sack,of the year, in the third quarter.
- Collins Ukwu tallied his first career sack, while tying his career mark with three tackles.
- Corey Peters recovered his second career fumble, his first recovery came against Arkansas last season.