Kentucky-Florida Postgame Notes
Sept. 25, 2010
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 3-1, 0-1 in the Southeastern Conference. Florida is 4-0, 2-0 in the SEC.
- Florida leads the series, 44-17. The Gators have won 24 in a row.
- UK stays on the road next week when the Wildcats visit Ole Miss on Saturday, Oct. 2. The game kicks off at 12:21 p.m. EDT and be televised on the SEC Network.
UK Team Notes
- Florida won the toss and deferred to the second half.
- Kentucky had two turnovers (both interceptions) after not turning the ball over in the first four games. UK is +3 in turnover margin for the season.
- UK has passed for 200 or more yards in all four games this season.
- With 23 first downs, UK has 20 or more first downs in all four games this season after having only five games with 20 or more first downs last season.
- Kentucky’s defense has an interception in three of four games.
1st Quarter Summary
- UF’s Jeff Demps rushed for 17 yards to the UK 26.
- UF’s John Brantley completed a 20-yd pass to Deonte Thompson to the UK 6.
- UF’s Trey Burton (at QB) rushed for an 11-yd TD.
- UF’s Caleb Sturgis made the PAT. UF 7, UK 0 (11:09)
- UK’s Mike Hartline completes a 20-yd pass to La’Rod King to the UK 45.
- UF’s John Brantley completed a 20-yd pass to Carl Moore to the UK 41.
- UF’s Brantley completed a 12-yd pass to Trey Burton to the UK 21 on 4th down.
- UF’s John Brantley completed an 11-yd TD pass to Trey Burton.
- UF’s Caleb Sturgis made the PAT. UF 14, UK 0 (2:40)
2nd Quarter Summary
- UK’s Mike Hartline completes an 18-yd pass to Randall Cobb to the UK 43.
- UK’s Ridge Wilson intercepted UF’s Jeff Brantley at the UF 37.
- First career INT for Wilson.
- UF’s Jonathan Bostic intercepted UK’s Hartline and returned it 10 yd to the UF 25.
- UK’s first turnover of the season. Hartline threw 84 prior passes w/o an INT.
- UF’s Jeremy Brown intercepted UK’s Hartline and returned it for a 52-yd TD.
- UF’s Caleb Sturgis made the PAT. UF 21, UK 0 (6:14)
- UK’s Mike Hartline completes a 42-yd pass to Chris Matthews to the UF 18.
- UK’s Randall Cobb (on fake FG) completes an 11-yd TD to Chris Matthews.
- It was Cobb’s 4th career TD pass and Matthews’ 6th career TD catch.
- UK’s Craig McIntosh made the PAT. UF 21, UK 7 (3:22)
3rd Quarter Summary
- UF’s John Brantley completed an 18-yd pass to Carl Moore to the UF 47.
- UF’s John Brantley completed a 24-yd pass to Carl Moore to the UK 12.
- UF’s Trey Burton (at QB) rushed for a 10-yd TD.
- UF’s Caleb Sturgis’ PAT was blocked by UK’s Matt Roark. UF 27, UK 7 (11:09)
- It was the sixth block of Roark’s career and his fifth PAT blocked.
- UK’s Mike Hartline completes a 27-yd TD pass to Chris Matthews.
- It was Matthews’ 7th career TD catch.
- UK’s Craig McIntosh made the PAT. UF 27, UK 14 (6:58)
- UF’s John Brantley completed a 30-yd pass to Deonte Thompson to the UK 49.
- UF’s Trey Burton (at QB) rushed for a 9-yd TD.
- UF’s Caleb Sturgis made the PAT. UF 34, UK 14 (1:20)
4th Quarter Summary
- UF’s Trey Burton (at QB) rushed for a 3-yd TD.
- UF’s Caleb Sturgis made the PAT. UF 41, UK 14 (13:11)
- UK’s Craig McIntosh 35-yd FG attempt blocked by UF’s Omar Hunter.
- UF’s Trey Burton (at QB) completes a 42-yd pass to Omarius Hines to the UK 9.
- UF’s Trey Burton (at QB) rushed for a 7-yd TD.
- It was Burton’s 6th TD of the game setting a new UF record.
- UF’s Caleb Sturgis made the PAT. UF 48, UK 14 (6:38)
- UF’s Earl Okine sacked UK’s Hartline for a 5 yd loss.
UK Individual Notes
- Chris Matthews totaled career-highs with 6 catches for 114 yards and 2 TDs.
- Derrick Locke rushed 23 times for 103 yards. He has rushed for more than 100 yards in all four games this season. He is the first Wildcat to have four-consecutive 100-yard games since Artose Pinner in 2002.
- Derrick Locke now has 2,206 career yards on the ground and ranks 6th on UK’s all-time rushing list. He needs 442 more to tie George Adams (1981-84) for 5th place.
- Locke gained 193 all-purpose yards. He now has 4,048 yards in his career and ranks 7th on the all-time all-purpose yard list. He needs 32 more to tie George Adams (1981-84) for 6th.
- Randall Cobb totaled a season-high 7 catches for 67 yards.
- Cobb now has 1,000 career rushing yards, becoming the 32nd player in school history to reach 1,000 career rushing yards.
- Mike Hartline completed 21-of-39 passes for 242 yards and one touchdown.
- Hartline now has 3,424 career passing yards and ranks 9th on UK’s all-time list. He needs 35 more passing yards to tie Pookie Jones (1991-93) for 8th place.
- La’Rod King tied a career-high with four catches for 44 yards.
- Four different players led UK with six tackles each.
- Joe Mansour totaled one touchback for the game on three kickoffs. He now has 11 touchbacks this season.
- Redshirt Freshman Qua Huzzie earned his first career start at linebacker.