Kentucky-Florida Postgame Notes
Sept. 24, 2011
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky and Florida met for the 62nd time in school history. The Gators have won 25 consecutive games against the Wildcats, dating back to the 1987 season. UK’s last win over Florida was a 10-3 victory in Lexington in 1986.
- Kentucky will travel to Baton Rouge, La. to face LSU on Saturday, Oct. 1st at 12:21 p.m. ET on the SEC Network.
- UK is in its 39th season at Commonwealth Stadium, holding a 131-110-4 record on its home field.
UK Team Notes
- Florida won the toss and elected to receive.
- Kentucky earned 299 yards of total offense against the Gators, which is the most Florida has allowed this season.
- The Wildcats also posted 134 rushing yards, which is also the most rushing yards the talented Florida defense has allowed this season.
- The Wildcats won the time of possession battle in the game for the first time this season with 31:45 – which is a season high.
- Kentucky had a two play, 14-second drive that ended in a touchdown, marking the fifth time this season UK has had a touchdown drive that took two minutes or less.
- UK had a season-high 10 different receivers catch a pass in the game.
- The Wildcats’ defense forced three turnovers in the game, getting an interception and recovering two fumbles. This is the second time this season that the UK defense has forced three of more turnovers.
- UK limited Florida to 115 passing yards in the game and has now limited its opponents to 150 passing yards or less in three of its four games.
1st Quarter Summary
- UK-M.Newton sacked for a loss of 2 yards by UF-R.Powell/C.Riggs to the UK42
- UK-J.Clemons fumbled, recovered by UF-O.Hunter at the UK45.
- UF-J.Brantley completes a 45-yard TD pass to UF-G.Christian. UF 7, UK 0 (8:10)
- UF-J.Demps rushes for a 20-yard TD. UF 14, UK 0 (5:44)
- UK-M.Newton intercepted by UF-M.Elam and returned it to the UK28.
- UF-C.Rainey rushes for 27 yards to the UK1.
- UF-T.Burton rushes for a 1-yard TD. UF 21, UK 0 (3:39)
- UK-M.Newton completes a 29-yard pass to UK-N.Melillo to the UF44
- UK-C.McIntosh made a 23-yard FG. UF 21, UK 3 (0:00)
2nd Quarter Summary
- UF-J.Demps rushes for 30 yards to the UK43.
- UK-M.Newton sacked for a loss of 7 fumbled, recovered by UF-J.Howard for a TD. UF 28, UK 3 (11:24)
- UF-C.Strugis made a 45-yard FG. UF 31, UK 3 (2:54)
- UF-J.Driskel sacked for a loss of 8 fumbled, recovered by UK-D.Trevathan at the UF26.
- UK-M.Newton completes a 19-yard TD to UK-L.King. UF 31, UK 10 (1:18)
- UF-C.Rainey rushes for 19 yards to the UK30.
- UF-J.Driskel intercepted by UK-A.Williamson and returned to the UK35.
3rd Quarter Summary
- UK-M.Newton rushes for 15 yards to the UK34.
- UF-J.Demps rushes for an 84-yard TD. UF 38, UK 10 (10:24)
- UK-M.Newton rushes for 31 yards to the UF32.
- UK-M.Newton intercepted by UF-M.Taylor and returned it to the U45.
- UF-C.Strugis made a 27-yard FG. UF 41, UK 10 (3:10)
4th Quarter Summary
- UK-Maxwell Smith in at QB
- UK-M.Gillislee fumbled, recovered by UK-A.Lowery at the UK49.
- UF- M.Gillislee rushes for a 60-yard TD. UF 48, UK 10 (7:44)
UK Individual Notes
- Junior WR La’Rod King caught a TD pass for the fourth straight game.
- King has caught five or more passes in three of Kentucky’s four games this season and is leading the team in receiving with 19 receptions for 276 yards and four touchdowns.
- Senior Mychal Bailey posted a career high in all-purpose yards with 148. Bailey returned seven kickoffs for 148 yards, including a long of 32.
- Sophomore tailback Jonathan George had a career-high eight carries for a career high 38 yards.
- Senior Nick Melillo’s 29-yard reception in the game was a career high.
- Senior wide receiver Matt Roark tied a career high in receptions with three.
- Freshmen Ronnie Shields and D.J. Warren made their first career reception in the game.
- UK senior free safety Winston Guy led UK with 11 tackles, marking the third time this season and seventh time in his career he has had double-digit tackles.
- Junior linebacker Ridge Wilson had seven tackles in the game, tying a career high.
- Linebacker Danny Trevathan, the SEC’s leading tackler, totaled eight tackles, snapping his streak of double-digit tackles in 12 consecutive games, dating back to last season.
- UK punter Ryan Tydlacka punted six times for an average of 42.8 per punt. Craig McIntosh made his only field goal for UK, nailing a 24-yarder.
- Senior defensive lineman Antwane Glenn, junior cornerback Cartier Rice and freshman wide receiver Demarco Robinson all earned their first career starts.