Gameday: Kentucky vs. Tennessee State
Dec. 22, 2008
TV: FSN-South and BBSN (coverage details)
Radio: Big Blue Sports Network
Live Stats: Gametracker
Online video: Delayed via Extreme Access (subscription) or free and live (for qualifying ISPs) through ESPN360.com
Online audio: Free, live audio
Wildcats Play Final Game Before Christmas
The Wildcats head into their final game before Christmas after receiving an early Christmas gift from Jodie Meeks.
Kentucky comes into the game off a 93-69 win over Appalachian State in Freedom Hall, where Meeks recorded a career high 46 points, the most by a Wildcat since Dan Issel netted 47 in the 1970 season. Meeks set all kinds of records with his career game, scoring the most points by a Wildcat in Freedom Hall while tying the school record for three pointers in a game with nine.
Not to be lost was Patrick Patterson’s 19-point, seven rebound, four block effort and the return of Ramon Harris after missing three games.
UK played a smothering defense, holding the Mountaineers to 32.8 percent.
- Kentucky is in its 106th season of basketball.
- Kentucky is the all-time NCAA leader in wins with 1,974.
- Jodie Meeks leads the Southeastern Conference and ranks seventh nationally in scoring (24.1 ppg) while Patrick Patterson leads the league and ranks fifth nationally in field goal percentage (68.5) and ranks third in the SEC in rebounding (8.9) and sixth in scoring (17.7).
- UK ranks fifth in the country in block shots per game (8.3) while ranking 14th nationally in field goal percentage (50.2).
- Patrick Patterson has recorded six double-doubles this season and 12 in his career, tying him for 30th on UK’s all-time double-doubles list. He is the SEC leader in both season and career categories.
- Kentucky has outrebounded nine of its 11 opponents this season.
- Kentucky ranks first in the SEC in field goal percentage (50.2) and second in the league in free throw percentage (77.7) and blocked shots (79).