Gameday: Kentucky vs. Mississippi Valley State
Dec. 7, 2008
TV: FSN South (coverage details)
Radio: Big Blue Sports Network
Live Stats: Gametracker
Online video: Delayed via Extreme Access (subscription) or free and live for qualifying ISPs through ESPN360.com
Online audio: Free, live audio
UK Looks to Start New Streak Against MVSU
Less than 24 hours after having its five-game winning streak snapped, Kentucky looks to begin a new streak against former UK standout Sean Woods and his Mississippi Valley State Delta Devils.
On Saturday, the Wildcats fell behind 21st ranked Miami by as many as 21 points early in the second half, but battled back to cut it to four late in the game, but UK could get no closer.
Patrick Patterson recorded his 11th career double-double with a team high 19 points and a game high 16 rebounds. DeAndre Liggins and Jodie Meeks also reach double-digits, Liggins scoring a personal best 18 points while Meeks managed 10. Darius Miller pulled down a career best 10 rebounds and tied Liggins with a team high five assists.
The Wildcats were only able to connect on 35.7 percent of their field goals in the loss, a season low.
- Kentucky is in its 106th season of basketball.
- Kentucky is the all-time NCAA leader in wins with 1,971.
- Jodie Meeks was named MVP of the Las Vegas Invitational as well as SEC Player of the Week this past week.
- Meeks leads the Southeastern Conference and ranks sixth nationally in scoring (22.8 ppg) while Patrick Patterson leads the league and ranks sixth nationally in field goal percentage (.725) and ranks fifth in the SEC in scoring (17.9).
- Kentucky has outrebounded seven of its eight opponents this season.
- Kentucky ranks first in the SEC in field goal percentage (.499) and second in the league in free throw percentage (.769) and blocked shots (56).
- For the third straight year, UK will host a former Wildcat as the head coach of the visiting team.
- UK will honor the legacy of Mr. Wildcat Bill Keightley in a ceremony at halftime, at which time his jersey will be retired a final time in Rupp Arena.