Cats Open Season With First Exhibition
Nov. 2, 2009
Prior to the opening the 2009-10 season, Kentucky hosts a pair of exhibition games, the first of which pits the Wildcats against the Campbellsville Tigers.
The preseason marks the inaugural season for UK head coach John Calipari who coached the Memphis Tigers to 137 wins over the last four years making Calipari the winningest coach in the country during that span.
Fans got a first look at the 2010 team on Wednesday in the Blue/White scrimmage. Sophomore Darnell Dodson led all scorers with 26 points, helping the Blue squad to an 106-73 victory. Freshman John Wall also totaled 25 points, 11 assists and seven rebounds in the contest.
- Kentucky is in its 107th season of basketball.
- Kentucky is the all-time NCAA leader in wins with 1,988.
- The Wildcats were picked to win the SEC East by select media and were the overwhelming favorite to win its 44th SEC title.
- Once again, every Wildcat basketball game will be televised live, including both of UK’s exhibition games.
- Kentucky opens the 2010 season on Friday, Nov. 13 hosting Morehead State.
- Patrick Patterson and John Wall were named to the Naismith Preseason Watch list.
- Patrick Patterson was named preseason SEC Player of the Year, while freshman John Wall garnered the second most votes and was named a second team performer.
- Kentucky is 41-4 all-time in exhibition games to start the season or in season.
- The Wildcats’ recruiting class was ranked No. 1 in the country by Rivals and Scout.