UK Enters Postseason Play in Tampa
March 10, 2009
The Wildcats enter postseason play on Thursday, playing in the opening round of the SEC Tournament as the East No. 4 seed against the West No. 5 seed Ole Miss in a regionally-televised contest on Raycom. Ole Miss won the only meeting between the two schools earlier in the season (85-80), handing the Wildcats their first loss in league play this season.
Kentucky owns an SEC-best record of 110-21 (.840) in the SEC Tournament and has won over half (25) of the 49 SEC Tournaments ever played. Included in the Cats’ tournament record is a 13-0 mark against Ole Miss.
The Wildcats are 14-1 in first round games, which includes games played before the league split in 1992.
- Kentucky is the all-time NCAA leader in wins with 1,985.
- Jodie Meeks and Patrick Patterson were named First Team All-SEC by league coaches. Meeks was a unanimous choice.
- Jodie Meeks leads the Southeastern Conference and ranks fifth nationally in scoring (24.7 ppg).
- Patrick Patterson is eighth in the nation in FG percentage (61.5) and tied for 31st in rebounding (9.2).
- Patterson is the only player in the SEC to rank in the top five in scoring (4th - 18.4) and rebounding (3rd - 9.2).
- UK ranks third in the country in blocked shots per game (7.0), fifth in free throw percentage (77.7), eighth in FG pct. defense (38.6), 15th in field goal percentage (48.2) and 26th in assists/game (15.9).
- Jodie Meeks (1,157) became the 56th member of Kentucky’s prestigious 1,000 point club. He currently ranks 41st on UK’s all-time scoring list.
- UK great Louie Dampier will represent Kentucky as its “SEC Legend” at this week’s SEC Tourney.
- UK’s most wins in the SEC Tournament have come against LSU (14).