Kentucky-Louisville Postgame Notes
Dec. 31, 2010
- Kentucky improves to 11-2 on the season. Louisville falls to 11-2.
- The Wildcats are 28-14 all-time against the Cardinals and have won two in a row in the series and five of the last seven.
- UK is now 123-32 all-time in Louisville and 2-0 this season.
- The Wildcats are 167-72 against schools comprising the Big East and 2-1 this season.
- Kentucky will be in action again Monday, Jan. 3, against Penn. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. p.m. ET with the game being televised on ESPNU.
Team Game Notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson for the 13th straight game. Kentucky is 11-2 with that starting five.
- Doron Lamb was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Lamb’s 11th time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 762 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- Trailing 12-6 in the first half, the Wildcats went on a 15-2 run to take a 21-14 lead and never looked back.
- UK closed out the first half on a 29-12 run to carry a 35-24 lead into halftime. The Cats are 10-1 when leading at the half.
- The Wildcats shot 68.2 pct. (15-22) from the field in the second half, its second highest percentage in a half this season. UK hit 20-of-27 shots in the second half against Coppin State, a 74.1 percentage.
- Kentucky finished the game shooting a season-high 87.5 pct. (14-16) from the free throw line. The Wildcats have shot over 80 percent from the charity stripe in their last three games.
- Kentucky shot better than 50 percent from the field for the third straight game.
- UK defense held Louisville’s seventh-ranked offense to just 63 points, 20 points below their season average.
- Kentucky’s 15-point margin of victory was their largest in the series since an 82-62 win in the 2001-02 season.
Individual Game Notes
- Finished with 12 points, eight rebounds, a career-high five assists and three blocks.
- Tallied his ninth multi-block game this season.
- Has scored in double-figures in six straight games.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Scored a career-high 25 points, tying his career high in 3-pointers made with four.
- Has hit multiple 3-pointers in eight straight games
- Scored in double-digits in the first half nine times this season and three-straight.
- Has hit four or more 3-pointers three times this season.
- Finished 7-of-8 from the free throw line, missing his last attempt. He had hit (12) straight free throws.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Has hit a 3-pointer in five straight games.
- Finished 2-of-2 from the free throw line, has hit (11) straight free throws and 21 of his last 22 attempts.
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Recorded a career high four steals
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Posted first 20-10 game of his career.
- Recorded his third double-double this season and the fourth of his career.
- Finished with career-high 23 points and tied his career-high with 14 rebounds.