Kentucky-MVSU Postgame Notes
Dec. 18, 2010
Team Records and Series Info
- Kentucky is 8-2 this season while Mississippi Valley State is now 1-9.
- UK leads the series with MVSU 3-0.
- UK is 5-0 all-time against the current alignment of the Southwestern Athletic Conference.
- Kentucky has an all-time record of 50-10 against teams coached by former Wildcats.
- The Wildcats return to action Wednesday, Dec. 22, at home vs. Winthrop. The game tips off at 1 p.m. and will be televised by Fox Sports South.
- Kentucky has used the starting lineup of Brandon Knight, Darius Miller, DeAndre Liggins, Terrence Jones and Josh Harrellson in every game this season.
- The teams played evenly early, with neither team leading by more than three points during the first 12 minutes of the game.
- The teams were tied at 20 with less than eight minutes remaining when Kentucky closed the half with a 24-4 run.
- The Wildcats led 44-24 at intermission following a 50-foot heave at the buzzer by Brandon Knight. It is Kentucky’s largest halftime lead of the season.
- Ahead 64-42, Kentucky went on an 8-0 run for a 72-42 advantage, the Wildcats’ largest lead of the game.
- Coach John Calipari incurred technical fouls at 6:44 and 6:26 and was ejected from the game.
- MVSU was held to 32.8 field-goal percentage tonight. UK is 6-0 this season when limiting the opponent under 40 percent.
- Kentucky had a season-high 11 blocked shots.
- UK made 24 of 32 at the foul line (75 percent), marking the sixth-straight game the Wildcats have made at least 70 percent at the charity stripe.
- Kentucky had five players score in double figures, the first time that has happened since March 7, 2010 vs. Florida.
- MVSU won the rebounding, 41-37, marking the first time this season that UK won while being outboarded.
- Kentucky is 22-0 at Rupp Arena under Coach John Calipari.
- Kentucky has made at least one three-point shot in 759 consecutive games.
- DeAndre Liggins is emerging as a scorer. He followed his career-high 19 points vs. Indiana with 16 tonight, his second-highest mark of the season.
Josh Harrellson had four points and a game-high 12 rebounds.
- UK is 5-0 this season when Harrellson rebounds in double figures.
Brandon Knight tallied 14 points and four assists.
- Has made at least two three-pointers in five-straight games.
- Has scored at least 14 points in five-straight games.
- Has at least four assists in six-straight games.
- Has scored in double figures and hit a three-pointer in 9 of 10 games this season.
- Terrence Jones led all scorers with 19 points. It is the fifth time this season he has paced the Wildcats in scoring.
- Doron Lamb made 16 points and has hit multiple three-pointers in seven games this season.
- Darius Miller had 14 points and a season-high five assists.He has made a three-pointer in every game this season.
- In 10 minutes of action, Eloy Vargas gathered two points and tied his season high with six rebounds.