Kentucky-Chattanooga Postgame Notes
Dec. 17, 2011
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 9-1 and Chattanooga is 3-8.
- Kentucky leads the series, 12-0, and is 18-0 all-time against teams from the current configuration of the Southern Conference.
- Tonight opened a five-game homestand. The Wildcats have two more games before the Christmas break, Tuesday against Samford at 7 p.m. (ESPN2) and Thursday vs. Loyola-Maryland at 1 p.m. (Fox Sports South).
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis for the ninth-straight game.
- UK opened the game with a 13-0 run.
- UK won the tip and began the scoring with an alley-oop dunk by Anthony Davis.
- The Cats followed with two steals and baskets.
- UTC didn’t have a shot hit the rim until 18:08.
- The Moccasins got on the board at the 16:11 mark on a turnaround baseline jumper by Drazen Zlovaric.
- UK led by as many as 20 points in the first half and took a 39-23 lead into the locker room.
- Anthony Davis notched a double-double in the first half with 10 points and 10 rebounds. The last Wildcat to get a first-half D-D was DeMarcus Cousins, who had 15 and 10 against LSU on Feb. 6, 2010.
- Ahead 53-37, UK made a 13-0 run that featured consecutive three-pointers by Kyle Wiltjer, giving the Wildcats a 66-37 advantage.
- After an emphatic follow dunk by Anthony Davis with 3:09 to go, UK had its biggest lead of the game at 87-53.
- Kentucky has scored at least 87 points in five of its 10 games this season.
- UK made 12 of 33 three-pointers, season highs in both categories.
- UK limited the visitors to 33.3 percent from the field, 21 of 63. UK has held seven opponents under 34 percent shooting this season.
- In its 109th season of basketball, Kentucky is the NCAA’s all-time wins leader with 2,061 wins.
- The Wildcats extended their home winning streak to 40 games, the second-longest active streak in the nation. The run includes the 2009 NIT game at Memorial Coliseum and the last 39 games at Rupp Arena.
- UK is a perfect 39-0 under Coach John Calipari at Rupp Arena, the longest win streak in venue history.
- UK owns a 465-60 all-time record in Rupp Arena.
- Since the 2000 season, Calipari-coached teams have posted a 193-19 record at home.
- Anthony Davis totaled 14 points and a career-high 18 rebounds.
- It is the fourth double-double for the freshman from Chicago.
- Reached a double-double in the first half, see note above.
- 14 points broke a two-game stretch in which he scored in single digits.
- Added five blocked shots, more than his already impressive average of 4.1 per game.
- Doron Lamb led all scorers with 24 points.
- Lamb had career highs with four three-pointers made out of nine attempts.
- He also claimed a career-high six rebounds.
- Michael Kidd-Gilchrist filled out a nice stat line with 17 points, eight rebounds and a career-best six assists.
- Kidd-Gilchrist has had his two best scoring games in the last two outings, with 18 at Indiana and 17 tonight.
- Darius Miller contributed 12 points, including a pair of three-pointers, his first multi-three game since hitting 4-of-5 against Portland.
- Marquis Teague had 11 points and a career-best eight assists.
- Kyle Wiltjer had nine points, all coming on a career-best three three-point shots.
- Most points since 19 vs. Penn State on Nov. 19.
- Twany Beckham, a transfer from Mississippi State, made his first official appearance as a Wildcat and played the final three minutes.