Kentucky-Miami Postgame Notes
Dec. 6, 2008
Team Records and Series Notes
- With the loss, Kentucky falls to 5-3, while Miami improves to 5-2.
- UK lost its first game in the series, but still maintains a 3-1 advantage, dating back to 1957. The meeting Saturday marks the first meeting between the two schools since the 1999-2000 season.
- Kentucky is 121-61 all-time against members of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) and is now 98-35 all-time against schools from the state of Florida .
- UK is 243-163 all-time in game against schools ranked in the Associated Press Top 25, including a 5-1 mark against teams ranked No. 22. Kentucky is 0-2 in 2008 against ranked teams, suffering an earlier setback at No. 1 North Carolina in the second game of the season.
- The Wildcats have won 77 of their last 96 home games and are 418-56 all-time in historic Rupp Arena.
- UK is 2-2 in games televised by the ESPN family of networks this season. The Wildcats have eight games televised on an ESPN Network (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU) in 2008-09.
- Coming off the championship of the Las Vegas Invitational at the end of November, Kentucky is in the midst of a stretch of eight games that feature seven home contests, plus the game vs. Appalachian State in Louisville .
- The Wildcats return to action Sunday, Dec. 7, when they host Mississippi Valley State , coached by former UK standout Sean Woods.
- Tip-off is slated for 4 p.m. ET and the game will be broadcast live by the Big Blue Sports Network on Fox Sports South and Fox Sports Ohio.
- UK will honor the legacy of former equipment manager Bill Keightley at the Mississippi Valley State contest on Sunday.
- Kentucky used the starting lineup of Darius Miller, Perry Stevenson, Michael Porter, Jodie Meeks and Patrick Patterson for the second time this season.
- UK lost the opening tip for the second time this season, losing its first tip of the year in the last game, a win over Lamar on Wednesday.
- Kevin Galloway was the first player to check in off the UK bench, in for Darius Miller at the 17:28 mark.
- With a three pointer from Jodie Meeks in the first half, UK has hit a three pointer in 682 consecutive games, trailing only UNLV and Vanderbilt in the NCAA.
- Miami held Patrick Patterson to just four points in the first half, two points more then his season low for points in a half, two points recorded in the season-opening game vs. VMI.
- UK trailed Miami 46-26 at halftime, its largest deficit since trailing top-ranked North Carolina by 16 in Chapel Hill , N.C. Four times in 2008-09 UK has trailed by at least 10 points at halftime.
- UK started the second half with the lineup of DeAndre Liggins, Michael Porter, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and Perry Stevenson.
- Jodie Meeks was the first player off the bench in the second half, checking in for DeAndre Liggins.
- Michael Porter fouled out of the game at the 16:23 mark of the second half, marking his fourth career foul out and his first of the 2008-09 season.
- UK has now had three players foul out in a game in 2008-09 – Porter, Darius Miller and Perry Stevenson.
- UK opened the second half on a 19-8 run, cutting the lead to 54-45 at the 7:58 mark.
- With a Patterson jumper and a DeAndre Liggins breakaway layup, UK curtailed the lead to 56-50 with 5:57 left to play.
- At the 5:57 mark, UK had outscored Miami 24-10 in the second half.
Team Game Notes
- Winners of the NCAA attendance title in 12 of the last 13 years and 20 times overall, UK had a season-high 24,109 fans attend the contest at Rupp Arena. The Rupp Arena attendance record was set in 2007, a total of 24,465 fans for a game vs. Florida .
- With a 45-35 margin in rebounds, UK has outrebounded its opponent in seven of eight games this year.
- It was the fourth time this season UK outrebounded its opponent by at least 10.
- After holding its last five opponents to less then 36-percent from the field, Miami hit on 51-percent of its shots.
- UK made 15-of-18 free throw shots, the second-fewest free throws attempted this season, and just four more than the win over Delaware State .
- For the second straight game and the fourth time this season, UK had more assists than turnovers, an 18-14 margin.
- For the fourth consecutive game, UK had at least three players record double figures in points (Patterson, Meeks and Liggins).
- UK matched a season-high by committing 23 fouls. They also had 23 fouls in the contest with Lamar on Wednesday.
Individual Game Notes
- Freshman Darius Miller made his second career start and his first in three games, since a start in a win over Longwood.
- Miller finished with a career-best 10 rebounds, eclipsing his previous career high of eight against VMI.
- Miller totaled three points and a career-high five assists, to complement two blocks and a steal.
- All-American sophomore Patrick Patterson finished with a team-best 19 points and a career-high 16 rebounds, adding four assists and three blocked shots.
- Patterson notched his 11th career double-double and the fifth of the season.
- Patterson ranks 32nd all-time on the UK career double-double list.
- Patterson has totaled double figures in five straight games.
- Freshman DeAndre Liggins finished with career highs in points (18) and rebounds (7), finishing with five assists and two steals.
- Liggins has totaled three or more assists in three consecutive games.
- Liggins has totaled seven rebounds in three games this season, pulling down a rebound in seven of eight games this season.
- With 10 points, Jodie Meeks has totaled double figure scoring in every game this season.
- Meeks now has 27 career double-figure scoring games.
- Josh Harrellson, who had six points in eight minutes, has totaled six or more points in three consecutive contests.