Kentucky-Boston Postgame Notes
Nov. 30, 2010
Team Records and Series Info
- Kentucky is 5-1 this season while Boston is now 4-4.
- UK leads the series with Boston 3-0, with all games played in Lexington.
- UK is 6-0 all-time against the current alignment of the America East Conference.
- The Wildcats return to action Saturday, Dec. 4, at North Carolina. The game begins at 12:30 p.m. and will be televised by CBS.
- Kentucky used the starting lineup of Brandon Knight, Darius Miller, DeAndre Liggins, Terrence Jones and Josh Harrellson.
- Kentucky took the lead for good at 9-7 with 15:33 remaining on a layup by Josh Harrellson.
- UK led by as many as nine points on two occasions in the first half before taking a 40-33 advantage at intermission.
- Five Wildcats scored in the first half, with all five tallying at least six points. Jones and Knight led the way with 10 each. It's the fourth time in five games that Knight scored double digits in the first half and the third time this season that Jones has done so.
- Kentucky scored the first 12 points of the second half. The Wildcats put the game away by stretching the run to 28-5 in the first 7:10 of the half, making the score 68-38.
- Kentucky led by as many as 39 points at 88-49.
- Kentucky limited Boston to 28.6 percent shooting from the field, the Wildcats' best defensive performance of the season.
- UK is 5-0 this season when holding the opponent under 45 percent from the field and outrebounding the opponent.
- Kentucky shot 59.3 percent from the field, including 62.5 percent on three-pointers, season highs in both categories.
- Josh Harrellson and Terrence Jones each reached double-doubles. The last time multiple Wildcats had double-doubles in the same game was Feb. 16, 2010 when DeMarcus Cousins, Patrick Patterson and John Wall did so in an overtime win at Mississippi State.
- Kentucky is 20-0 at Rupp Arena under Coach John Calipari.
- Kentucky is now 5-0 all-time in the first games after the Wildcats' five Hawaii trips.
- Kentucky has made at least one three-point shot in 755 consecutive games.
- Brandon Knight led the way with 23 points and six assists, both game highs.
- It is Knight's third 20-point game of the season.
- Also had personal bests with six rebounds and six assists.
- Terrence Jones collected his fourth double-double of the season with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
- Josh Harrellson also collected his first double-double of the season with 12 points and a game-high 11 rebounds. It is the second double-double of his career. The last one was more than two years ago, Nov. 29, 2008, vs. West Virginia (12 points and 10 rebounds).