Kentucky-Kansas State Postgame Notes
Nov. 29, 2008
- Kentucky improves to 3-2 on the season. Kansas State suffered its first loss and falls to 5-1.
- Kentucky leads the series between the schools 8-0.
- The win was UK's first over a Big 12 school since defeating Missouri 70-53 on Dec. 30, 1999.
- Kentucky now takes on West Virginia in the championship game, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. PT. The game will be televised on ESPN2 following the Kentucky-Tennessee football game, which airs on ESPN2 at 3:30 p.m. PT.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Ramon Harris, Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson, Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson. UK is 2-2 with that starting five.
- Kentucky extended its streak of made three-pointers to 679 straight games.
- The Wildcats' 17 first half turnovers was the most since UK tallied 17 in the first half against North Carolina.
- Kentucky finished with a season high 31 turnovers.
- UK held Kansas State to nine first half rebounds, the fewest by a UK opponent since holding Vanderbilt to nine first half rebounds on January 12, 2008.
- Kentucky shot 77 percent from the field in the first half, its highest first half total since shoot 77 percent against Texas Southern on Nov. 24, 2007.
- The Wildcats held Kansas State to 23 percent shooting in the first half, the lowest percentage by a UK opponent this season.
- For the third straight game, Kentucky held its opponent to 36 percent or lower from the field.
- Kentucky outrebounded its opponent for the fourth time in five games.
Individual game notes
- Patrick Patterson has won the opening tip in all five games this season.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky.
- Perry Stevenson has recorded a blocked shot in each of his last 11 games. He has recorded multiple blocked shots in eight of those games, including four this season.
- Jodie Meeks set a career high for points in a half with 24 surpassing the 20 he scored in the second half against VMI.
- For the fourth time in five games, Meeks scored in double-digits in the first half.
- In three Las Vegas Invitational games, Meeks has averaged 25.3 pts.
- Patrick Patterson recorded his second straight double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. The last time a Wildcat posted two consecutive double-doubles was Patterson against Gardner Webb (11/7/07) and Liberty (11/21/07).
- The double-double for Patterson was his third of the season and the ninth of his career tying him for 37 th on UK's all-time double-double list.
- Michael Porter has connected on 50 percent of his three-pointers in last three games (4-8).
- Perry Stevenson had his string of 11 straight free throws made snapped.