Kentucky-Stanford Postgame Notes
Nov. 26, 2009
- Kentucky is now 6-0 on the season. Stanford falls to 3-3.
- UK is now 3-0 all-time against the Cardinal.
- Kentucky returns to action on Monday taking on UNC Asheville in their annual Freedom Hall game in Louisville. Tip-off is set for 7:00 p.m. ET with the game being televised live on Fox Sports South.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the fifth straight game. Kentucky is 5-0 with that starting five.
- UK lost the opening tip. It was the first time this season the Cats have not won the tip. DeMarcus Cousins has jumped center every game this year.
- Daniel Orton was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his third time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- UK extended its string of 717 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- UK went 4:16 in the first half without a point, during which time Stanford went on an 11-0 run to go from 19-11 down, to 22-19 ahead. John Wall stopped the run with a pair of made free throws.
- Kentucky went into halftime trailing 38-32. It was the first time UK trailed at the half since being behind Miami University at the half. The Wildcats are 2-0 when trailing at the half.
- After falling behind 34-32 with 3:52 left in the first half, UK reclaimed the lead 54-53 at the 6:40 mark of the second half. The game then went back and forth until John Wall tied it at 63-63 on two made free throws with 2.4 seconds left.
- Kentucky forced Stanford into two shot-clock violations, the most this season.
- UK outscored Stanford 10-2 in the extra period.
- The Wildcats shot 44.6 percent from the field, its lowest percentage this season.
- UK played on overtime game for the first time since playing Georgia to overtime in the 2008 SEC Tournament.
- Kentucky won its first overtime game since defeating Vanderbilt 79-73 in 2008 season.
- The Wildcats are now 49-42 in overtime games.
- UK won its second straight in-season tournament after winning the 2008 Las Vegas Invitational and the 2009 Cancun Challenge.
- John Wall was named tournament MVP and DeMarcus Cousins was named to the all-tournament team.
Individual game notes
- Tied his season high with three three-pointers
- Finished with 13 points. Not the only Maysville native to have success against Stanford as Ronnie Lyons of Maysville tallied 21 points against the Cardinal in the championship game of the 1973 UKIT.
#5 Ramon Harris
- Pulled down a season high seven rebounds
#11 John Wall
- Scored double-digits in the first half for the third time in five games.
- Finished the game 8-8 from the free throw line
- Hit two free throws with 2.4 seconds left in regulation to tie the at 63-63.
- Has scored in double digits in every game this season and has scored 20+ points in three games.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- Has registered multiple blocked shots in every game this season.
#24 Eric Bledsoe
- Hit a three-pointer with 33 seconds remaining in overtime to give Kentucky a 69-65 lead.
- Has hit a three-pointer in five of six games this season.
- Has hit a three-pointer in four of six games this season
- Recorded his 25 th career double-double moving him into sole possession of 10 th place on UK's all-time double-double list.
- Six of his 11 rebounds were offensive.