Kentucky-UConn Postgame Notes
Nov. 25, 2010
- Kentucky drops to 4-1 on the season. UConn improves to 5-0.
- UK is now 1-2 all-time against UConn.
- The Wildcats are now 165-72 against schools comprising the Big East.
- UK is 10-5 in the Maui Invitational. It marks the first time the Wildcats have been runners-up and their best finish since winning the 1993 Maui Invitational championship.
- Kentucky will be in action again Tuesday, Nov. 30, hosting Boston University. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET with the game being televised on FSS.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson for the fifth straight game. Kentucky is 4-1 with that starting five.
- Doron Lamb was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Lamb’s fourth time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 754 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- Terrence Jones scored UK’s first 10 points.
- Leading 29-27 UConn closed out the first half on a 21-2 run to carry a 50-29 lead into halftime. It was UK’s largest halftime deficit this season.
- UConn shot 57.7 pct. from the field, marking the first time in the John Calipari era at Kentucky that a team has shot 50 pct. or better from the field.
- Terrence Jones recorded Kentucky’s first four-point play of the season.
- Prior to tonight’s game, Brandon Knight was the only Wildcat to record an old-fashioned three-point play. Terrence Jones and DeAndre Liggins both converted one in the first half.
- The Wildcats tied their season-high free-throw percentage, shooting 75 pct. (15-of-20) from the stripe.
- UK suffered its worst loss since an 18-point defeat at South Carolina on Feb. 25, 2009.
- Terrence Jones was named to the all-tournament team.
Individual game notes
- Scored in double-figures for the first time since netting 15 at Portland.
- 15 points tied his season high.
- Scored 10 first-half points, his second double-digit effort in the first half this season.
- Hit a personal best four 3-pointers.
- Finished 8-of-9 from the free-throw line, his best performance from the charity stripe this season. -- Averaged 23 points, 11.3 rebounds and 3.3 blocks in the Maui Invitational.
- Named to the Maui Invitational All-Tournament team.
#4 Jon Hood
- Hit his first 3-pointer of the season.
- Tied career high with three rebounds.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Tied his personal high with five assists.
#30 Eloy Vargas
- Scored a season-high six points.
- Pulled down a personal best six rebounds
- Finished with a season-high 19 minutes.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Finished Maui Invitational averaging 7.7 rebounds