Kentucky-Portland Postgame Notes
Nov. 20, 2010
- Kentucky improves to 2-0 on the season. Portland dropped its first game and is 3-1.
- UK is 2-0 all-time against Portland.
- The Wildcats are now 6-1 against schools comprising the WCC.
- Kentucky will be in action again Monday against Oklahoma, in the first game of the EA Sports Maui Invitational. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. ET with the game being televised on ESPN2.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson for the second straight game. Kentucky is 2-0 with that starting five.
- Terrence Jones jumped center and won the opening tip for Kentucky.
- Jones scored the game’s opening basket.
- Doron Lamb was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Lamb’s first time this season to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 751 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- UK scored the game’s first 15 points, opening on an 18-3 run. During the run, Darius Miller scored seven straight points for the Wildcats.
- The Wildcats didn’t allow a Portland score until the 12:09 mark of the first half.
- Kentucky led 38-24 at the half. UK is 2-0 when leading at halftime.
- The UK defense forced its first shot clock violation this season.
- As a team, the Wildcats have blocked 16 shots in two games this season.
- The Wildcats held Jared Stohl, the top-ranked three-point shooter in the country last season to 1-of-7 from beyond the arc.
- After shooting 9-of-23 from the free throw line in its first game, Kentucky was 15-of-20 (.750) from the stripe tonight.
- UK’s 33-point lead in the second half was its largest lead this season.
- The Wildcats had four players score in double-figures led by Brandon Knight’s game-high 21. Darius Miller (15), Doron Lamb (13) and Terrence Jones (12) also scored in double-digits.
Individual game notes
- Recorded career high five steals and four blocks.
- Finished 3-of-4 from 3-point range and is 5-of-9 from beyond the arc in two games this season.
- Tallied personal high three assists.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Scored in double-digits in the first half for the second straight game. Knight is averaging 13.5 first-half points in two games this season.
- Has connected on a three-pointer in both games this season, and has hit six total.
- Scored a personal best 21 points.
- Blocked a season high two shots.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Has connected on a three-pointer in both games this season, and has hit six (6-of-9) so far this year.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Pulled down career high 12 rebounds.