Kentucky-North Carolina Postgame Notes
Nov. 18, 2008
- Kentucky is now 0-2 on the season. North Carolina is 2-0.
- North Carolina leads the series 21-10. The Wildcats are 2-4 in Chapel Hill .
- The Wildcats are now 5-13 against No. 1 ranked teams. This marked the third time in the last two seasons UK has faced the top-ranked team in the country. UK faced the No. 1 ranked Tar Heels and No. 1 ranked Tennessee last season.
- The last time Kentucky started a season 0-2 was the beginning of the 2000-01 season. Kentucky went on to a 22-10 record that year and won the SEC East while advancing to the NCAA Sweet 16.
- Kentucky returns to home action on Saturday, hosting the Delaware State Hornets with a noon tip. The game will be televised on the Big Blue Sports Network.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Ramon Harris, Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson, Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson for the second straight game.
- DeAndre Liggins and Darius Miller were the first subs off the bench for Kentucky .
- For the first time since Feb. 27 (vs. Ole Miss) the Wildcats didn't have a player record 40 minutes.
- UK extended its string of 676 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- The Wildcats outrebounded the Tar Heels 37-35. UK has outrebounded both of its opponents this season.
- Kentucky has now turned the ball over 53 times in two games, an average of 26.5 per game.
Individual game notes
- Patrick Patterson has won the opening tip in both games this season.
- Perry Stevenson had three blocks on the night, giving him at least one blocked shot in eight straight games. He has had two or more blocks in five of those contests.
- A.J. Stewart saw his first action of the season.
- Jodie Meeks has connected on 12 straight free throws. He is 16-for-18 on the season.
- Meeks has scored in double digits in the first half in both games this season. He is averaging 15 points in the first half this year.
- Patrick Patterson's 11 rebounds were the most since he recorded 11 against Arkansas on Feb. 23, 2008.
- Patterson recorded his seventh career double-double with 19 points and 11 rebounds. It was UK 's second double-double of the season with Perry Stevenson contribution 20 points and 14 rebounds in Kentucky 's season opener.
- Perry Stevenson fouled out for the first time since fouling out at Vanderbilt on Feb. 12, 2008.