Kentucky-Georgetown Postgame Notes
Nov. 9, 2014
Team Records, Notes
- This was Kentucky’s second and final exhibition game of the season.
- Kentucky is 53-4 all-time in preseason exhibition games and has won 24 in a row.
- Georgetown, already 3-0 on the season, is ranked No. 8 in NAIA Division I.
- Kentucky officially opens the season Friday, Nov. 14 at home vs. Grand Canyon. Tipoff is set for 8 p.m. on the SEC Network.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, Alex Poythress, Karl-Anthony Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein in both exhibitions.
- Georgetown scored the first basket of the game before Kentucky took control with a 16-0 run.
- Ahead 16-7, UK went on another 16-0 run for a 32-7 advantage.
- UK went to halftime ahead 60-24 as 10 different Wildcats scored in the opening stanza.
- UK’s starting five gave up only six points during their time on the court in the first half.
- Kentucky hit the century mark with 8:10 remaining on a rebound basket by Dakari Johnson, making the score 100-39.
- UK’s largest lead of 69 points came at the final score of 121-52.
- Kentucky’s “second platoon” was comprised of Tyler Ulis, Devin Booker, Trey Lyles, Marcus Lee and Dakari Johnson in both exhibitions.
- Seven Wildcats scored in double figures although no player saw more than 19 minutes of action.
- Kentucky shot 63.9 percent from the field.
- The Wildcats won the rebounding 54-26.
- UK scored at least 116 points in both exhibitions.
- UK totaled 61 assists in the two exhibitions, including 32 assists tonight.
- Aaron Harrison led all scorers with 17 points, including 5 of 7 from 3-point range.
- Alex Poythress (15 points), Trey Lyles (14), Karl-Anthony Towns (13), Willie Cauley-Stein (12), Dakari Johnson (12) and Devin Booker (11) also tallied in double figures.
- Johnson collected a double-double with a game-high 10 rebounds along with his 12 points.
- Andrew Harrison had a game-high six assists and also chipped in six points.