Kentucky-Pikeville Postgame Notes
Nov. 2, 2014
Team Records, Notes
- This was Kentucky’s first exhibition game of the season.
- Kentucky is 52-4 all-time in preseason exhibition games and has won 23 in a row.
- Pikeville has played one official game already, a 100-63 win over Grace Bible College. The Bears are picked as the preseason No. 2 team in NAIA Division I.
- Kentucky’s next exhibition game is Sunday Nov. 9 vs. Georgetown College at 7 p.m. at Rupp Arena. The Wildcats officially open the season Nov. 14 at home vs. Grand Canyon.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Andrew Harrison, Aaron Harrison, Alex Poythress, Karl-Anthony Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein.
- Kentucky jumped out to a 7-0 lead and never trailed.
- Pikeville kept it close and trailed only 35-28 midway through the half when UK went on a 21-0 run to make it 56-28.
- UK went to halftime ahead 67-40 as all 10 Wildcats who played in the first half also scored.
- UK eclipsed the century mark, 101-60, on a layup by Dakari Johnson with 8:22 to play.
- UK’s largest lead was 49 points at 114-65.
- UK finished with a 116-68 victory.
- Kentucky shot 65.3 percent from the field.
- The Wildcats won the rebounding 49-28.
- UK piled up 29 assists, led by nine from Andrew Harrison.
- Six Wildcats scored in double figures although no player saw more than 20 minutes of action.
- Kentucky’s “second platoon” was comprised of Tyler Ulis, Devin Booker, Trey Lyles, Marcus Lee and Dakari Johnson.
- Karl-Anthony Towns led the Wildcats with 22 points, including 10 of 11 from the field.
- Also tallying double figures were Devin Booker (16 points), Dakari Johnson (13), Alex Poythress (12), Trey Lyles (11) and Willie Cauley-Stein (10).
- K.K. Simmons of Pikeville led all scorers with 28 points, including 6 of 9 from 3-point range.