Kentucky-Transylvania Postgame Notes
Nov. 2, 2011
Team Records and Series Info
- This was the first exhibition game for both teams.
- The all-time series in official games is tied 7-7 as the teams played from 1903-11. It has been 100 years since the teams played the last countable contest on March 3, 1911.
- Kentucky returns to action with its second exhibition game Monday at 7 p.m. against Morehouse. The game will be televised on Fox Sports South and the UK IMG Sports Network.
- Transylvania’s next game will be its regular-season opener Nov. 15 at home against Spalding.
- Kentucky used the lineup of Marquis Teague, Doron Lamb, Darius Miller, Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis.
- Transylvania’s Barrett Meyer scored the first five points of the game and the Pioneers blazed to their biggest lead at 11-4 with 16:40 on the clock.
- The Wildcats went on a 13-0 spurt for a 17-11 advantage.
- Transylvania made its own rally with an 8-0 run and went ahead 19-17.
- UK took the lead for good, 20-19, on a Doron Lamb three-pointer at the 10:38 mark.
- Ahead 22-21, UK had a 13-0 run for a 35-21 advantage. Transylvania was held scoreless for almost nine minutes, from 9:28 until 34 seconds remained.
- UK took a 37-23 lead into the locker room.
- Kentucky pulled away steadily in the second half en route to the 97-53 win.
- Kentucky has an all-time record of 46-4 in exhibition games and has won the last 17 in a row.
- Tonight’s game didn’t count, of course, but Kentucky will enter the season with a 34-game home winning streak, including 33-0 in Rupp Arena under Coach John Calipari.
- Kentucky’s balanced attack featured five players in double-figure scoring. As a reference, that occurred in seven games last season.