Kentucky-Transylvania Postgame Notes
Nov. 1, 2013
Team Records, Notes
- This was the exhibition opener for both teams.
- This was the third-consecutive season that UK and Transylvania played an exhibition game.
- Kentucky returns to the court Monday, Nov. 4, as the Wildcats play host to Montevallo. The exhibition game is at 7:00 p.m. EST and will be televised live by Fox Sports South and delayed on the UK IMG Network.
- The regular season tips off Fri. Nov. 8 as UK hosts UNC Asheville at 7 p.m.
- Kentucky started with the lineup of Aaron Harrison, James Young, Alex Poythress, Julius Randle and Willie Cauley-Stein.
- The Wildcats made 3-pointers on their first three possessions and six of their first eight from long range.
- Transylvania never led but kept the deficit in single digits until late in the half.
- UK’s largest lead was 12 points at 39-27 and the Wildcats went to intermission ahead 41-30.
- Randle narrowly missed a double-double in the first half, collecting 12 points and nine rebounds.
- Kentucky scored the first 13 points of the half, sparking the score to 54-30. Transylvania got its first basket at the 14:24 mark.
- The Wildcats brought the fans to their feet at the 5:07 mark when Dominique Hawkins lobbed to Jon Hood for an alley-oop dunk.
- UK outscored the visitors 35-12 in the second half for a final score of 76-42.
- Kentucky shot 50 percent from the field, 29 of 58.
- The Wildcats used their size advantage to dominate the rebounding, 44-29, and points in the paint, 38-6.
- In official games in the first four seasons under Coach John Calipari, UK is 74-3 when limiting the opponent to 63 or fewer points.