Blue-White Scrimmage Postgame Notes
Oct. 26, 2010
- Tonight’s attendance: 11,391
- This was the third year that the Blue/White Game was played in Rupp Arena.
- Kentucky has its first preseason game Mon. Nov. 1 vs. Pikeville in Rupp Arena. Game time is 7:00 p.m. and it will be televised by Fox Sports South and the Big Blue Sports Network.
- The Blue team opened with Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, Eloy Vargas and DeAndre Liggins.
- The White team opened with Stacey Poole, Jon Hood, Jarrod Polson, Doron Lamb and Josh Harrellson.
- The game’s first score came at 18:05 when Lamb put in a short bank shot.
- Blue got its first bucket by Jones on a pull-up jumper inside the right elbow at 17:09.
- Knight cashed the first three-pointer at 15:47, putting the Blue ahead 8-7, a lead that would not be relinquished.
- Jones flushed an alley-oop dunk at 12:30, quality feed from Knight.
- The teams began switching players at the second media timeout.
- After hitting a three-pointer earlier, Jones showed his inside-outside versatility by tallying an alley-oop dunk on a pass from Miller.
- Polson excited the crowd at 6:30 by knifing through the defense for a driving layup.
- Sparked by Jones’ 16 points, Blue led at half, 43-38.
- Liggins tallied 15, eight with the White team and seven for the Blue.
- Harrellson got a double-double in the first half with 10 points and 16 rebounds.
- Knight began taking it to the hoop more in the second half and tallied several driving baskets, plus a run-out thunderdunk with 12:43 to play.
- Knight scored 22 points in the first 12 minutes of the second half.
- Jones had a great sequence by blocking a three-point shot, grabbing the rebound, starting the fast break and finishing with an alley-oop dunk at the 7:12 mark.
- Knight also showed his hops by throwing down an alley-oop dunk at 6:35.
- Jones wowed the crowd on a fast break by catching a pass in the lane and taking it behind the back for a layup with 6:00 to play.
- Blue hit the century mark at 1:47 on a layup by Lamb, making the score 101-72.
- Brandon Knight of Blue led all scorers with 37 points, including 28 in the second half. Knight made 14 of 20 shots from the field, including 3 of 5 three-pointers. (Previous high scorers in the Rupp Arena Blue/White Games were Jodie Meeks with 32 points in 2008 and Darnell Dodson with 26 in 2009).
- Terrence Jones tallied 29 points, all for the Blue team.
- Darius Miller played for both teams and totaled 20 points.
- Playing for both teams, Josh Harrellson had a double-double in the first half and finished with 16 points and 26 rebounds.
- Also playing for both teams, Eloy Vargas totaled a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds.