Kentucky-Champagne Chalons-Reims Basket Postgame Notes
Aug. 16, 2014
Team Records, Notes
- Kentucky improves to 5-0 on its 2014 exhibition tour in the Bahamas.
- Including a trip to Canada for an exhibition series in 2010, the Wildcats are now 7-0 in exhibition contests in the John Calipari era.
- Assistant coach Barry ‘Slice’ Rohrssen served as Kentucky’s head coach in today’s contest.
- The Wildcats return to action for the final time on the trip Sunday, Aug. 17 at 1 p.m. ET. UK will have a rematch with the Dominican Republic National Team. The Cats previously defeated the French pro team, 83-71, on Friday.
- Kentucky shot 51 percent from the floor and has charted a shooting clip better than 50 percent in each of its last four games. UK is shooting 53 percent from the floor for the tournament.
- All 10 Wildcat players had three or more points in today’s game.
- UK shot 50 percent from behind the arc hitting 9-of-18 attempts. Aaron Harrison led the way with three triples.
- Kentucky has 94 assists on 160 made field goals in the tournament.
First Half Facts
- Kentucky used the starting lineup of Devin Booker, Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, Dakari Johnson and Alex Poythress for the fifth consecutive outing.
- Kentucky’s first subs off the bench remained the same with the squad of Dominique Hawkins, Marcus Lee, Karl-Anthony Towns, Tyler Ulis and Derek Willis.
- Kentucky earned the lead at 2-0 with an Andrew Harrison lay-in.
- UK held the advantage for much of the opening half, but the French team went on a 9-0 run that was halted by an Andrew Harrison runner to beat the buzzer.
- The Wildcats were down 44-43 at the break, marking the first halftime disadvantage in the five contests in the Bahamas.
- Aaron Harrison led all scorers with 10 points at the break which included a pair of 3-pointers.
- All 10 Wildcat players scored at least two points in the opening half, marking the third time in five games all 10 players scored in the game.
Second Half Facts
- UK began the second half with Hawkins, Lee, Towns, Ulis and Willis in the lineup for the fifth straight game.
- Kentucky took a 54-50 lead after Booker’s second 3-pointer of the game.
- A 7-0 run capped by a long ball from Ulis lifted UK to a 61-55 edge with 10:56 remaining.
- With the game just a one-possession advantage for the Cats with under two minutes to play, Ulis forces a steal near midcourt and takes it the other direction to seal the win at 77-72.
- Three players had five points in the second half to lead the Cats. Booker, Andrew Harrison and Willis all led the scoring.
- Devin Booker scored a Bahamas-best 10 points and sunk a pair of 3-pointers.
- Logged seven steals in the five games
- Aaron Harrison led the team with 15 points including sinking three 3-pointers.
- Has at least one made 3-pointer in four straight games
- Averaging 11.2 points per game in the tournament
- Is 8-of-18 from behind the arc good for a 44.4 percentage
- Andrew Harrison had a tournament-high 11 points and added seven assists.
- Has four or more assists in all five games
- Totaled 28 assists in four games for an average of 5.6 assists per outing
- Was a perfect 3-for-3 from the free throw line
- Tyler Ulis reached double-figure scoring with 12 points for the first time in the tournament
- Also contributed three assists and has 19 in the three games
- Leads the team with eight steals, including today’s game-clinching swipe
- Has connected on 7-of-10 3-pointers for a dazzling 70 percent rate