Kentucky-Connecticut Postgame Notes
April 3, 2011
- Kentucky finishes its season at 29-9 on the season. Connecticut improves to 31-9.
- The Wildcats are 1-3 all-time against Connecticut and 0-2 against the Huskies in the NCAA Tournament.
- UK drops to 105-46 all-time in the NCAA Tournament and 7-3 in national semifinal games.
- John Calipari is 32-13 in the NCAA Tournament.
- Attendance of 75,421 is an NCAA Final Four single-game record.
- The Wildcats end the season having advanced to its 14th Final Four, while posting their 55th 20-win season and winning their 27th SEC Tournament title.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, DeAndre Liggins and Josh Harrellson. UK is 17-7 with that starting lineup.
- Doron Lamb was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his 21st time to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 787 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats trailed 31-21 at the half, the second time in the tournament they've been behind at halftime. Kentucky is 4-7 when trailing at halftime.
- The last time UK trailed by as many as 10 points at the half, was when they fell behind UConn 50-29 in the Maui Invitational.
- The Wildcats shot 28.1 pct. from the field in the first half, their lowest first half percentage this season. Their 21 points in the first half were also a season low.
- UConn's win while scoring only 56 points was the first time this season and the first time in the John Calipari era that Kentucky lost while holding its opponent to 67 points or fewer. UK is now 26-1 this season and 47-1 under Calipari when holding its opponent to 67 points or fewer.
Individual game notes
- Has hit a 3-pointer in 25-straight games and has connected from long range in 36 of 38 games this season.
- Tallied his 13th double-double this season, moving him into sole possession of second on UK's freshman double-double list.
- Pulled down 15 rebounds, the most since grabbing 17 against Notre Dame (Dec. 8, 2010).
- His 15 rebounds tie him for the most by a UK freshman in an NCAA Tournament game. It ties Frank Ramsey's 15-rebound performance in the 1951 NCAA Tournament.
- His four steals ties him for the second most by a UK freshman in an NCAA Tournament game. He is tied with Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall who each recorded four steals in last season's NCAA Tournament.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Extended his UK freshman scoring record with a team-high 17 points points to move to 657 points.
- Extended his UK freshman 3-point record with three 3-pointers to finish with 87 made 3s.
- Scored in double-figures for the 35th time this season.
- Has hit multiple 3-pointers in three of the last five games.
- Pulled down eight rebounds, tying a career high which he had set at Arkansas on Feb. 23.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Scored in double-figures for the first time since tallying 15 points against Alabama in the SEC Tournament semifinals.
- Three 3-pointers were his most since knocking down three against three against Ole Miss in the SEC Tournament on March 11.
- Moved into a tie for second place for most 3-point field goals made by a UK freshman in a season with 68.
#30 Eloy Vargas
- Finished with five rebounds, the most since pulling down six against Mississippi Valley State on Dec. 18, 2010.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Closed out his UK career with six points, four rebounds and two assists.
- Averaged 13 points and 8 rebounds during the NCAA Tournament.