Kentucky-West Virginia Postgame Notes
March 27, 2010
- Kentucky finishes 35-3 on the season while West Virginia is now 31-6.
- UK is 13-5 all-time against the Mountaineers and 0-1 against West Virginia in the NCAA Tournament.
- The Wildcats are 101-45 all-time in the NCAA Tournament. UK is 1-2 in NCAA Tournament games played in Syracuse. UK also is 13-18 in NCAA Regional Semifinal games and 32-9 while playing as a No. 1 seed.
- Kentucky is 4-2 against No. 2 seeds.
- This is the most wins for Kentucky since the 1998 team went 35-4.
NCAA Tournament team notes
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the 29 th time this season. Kentucky is 26-3 with that starting five.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was Liggins' 12 th time as the first Wildcat off the bench.
- UK extended its streak of games with a three-pointer to 749 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- Trailing 6-2, the Wildcats went on an 11-0 run to take a 13-6 lead.
- The Wildcats trailed 28-26 at the half, only the eighth time UK has trailed at the half. UK is 6-2 when trailing at the half.
- Kentucky's 26-first half points was the second fewest for UK since tallying only 23 against UConn in the DirecTV SEC/Big East Challenge.
- Through the first half, the Wildcats held West Virginia without a two-point field.
- The last time UK had three players foul out of a game was against Florida on Jan. 19, 2008.
Individual game notes
- Made seventh straight start.
- Snapped a streak of 13 straight free-throws made.
- Has hit a three-pointer in eight of his last nine games.
#11 John Wall
- Averaging 7.8 assists in the NCAA Tournament.
- Averaging 7.7 assists in postseason play.
- Averaging 7.4 assists over last 10 games.
- Extended his UK freshman season scoring record to 616 points.
- Extended his UK freshman season assists record to 241 assists.
- Extended his UK freshman season free throw record with 175 made.
- Fouled out for the first time in his career.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- Extended his UK freshman season rebounding record to 364 boards.
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Hit his first three-pointer since burying one against South Carolina (2/25).
- Moved to within 11 points of 12 th on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,564 career points.
- Recorded his 11 th double-figure rebounding game.
- Finished with 13 rebounds, most since pulling down 13 against Vanderbilt (2/20)
- Averaged 12.5 rebounds over the last two games.