Kentucky-Notre Dame Postgame Notes
March 25, 2009
- Kentucky falls to 22-14 on the season, while Notre Dame improves to 21-14.
- Kentucky leads the series with Notre Dame 41-18 and is now 10-5 against the Fighting Irish in South Bend.
- The loss ends a 10-game UK winning streak in the series.
- The Wildcats are now 13-6 all-time in the NIT.
- This was UK's first meeting with Creighton since the 2004 season.
- The last time Kentucky and Notre Dame met with two players in the top 10 nationally in scoring was in the 1970 NCAA Tournament - Dan Issel for the Wildcats and Austin Carr for the Fighting Irish.
- Billy Gillispie is now 140-85 in his career, 40-27 at Kentucky.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Ramon Harris, Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson, Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson. UK is now 14-10 with that lineup.
- UK lost the opening tip. The Wildcats have won the opening tip 21 times this season.
- Darius Miller was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his team leading 15th time this season as the Wildcats' first sub.
- UK extended its string of 711 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- Kentucky trailed 34-26 at the half. The Wildcats are 4-10 when trailing at halftime.
Individual game notes
- Finished with seven rebounds, the most since pulling down eight boards against Florida.
#5 Ramon Harris
- Made his 52nd career start
#13 Michael Porter
- Made his 45th career start
- Has hit a three-pointer in four straight games.
#21 Perry Stevenson
- Made his 41st career start
- Finished with eight points and six rebounds
#23 Jodie Meeks
- Made his 42nd career start
- Five three-pointers were the most since hitting seven at Arkansas.
- Recorded his 22nd 20-point game.
- Scored the second most points in an NIT game for UK.
- Moved to 33rd on UK's all-time scoring list (1,246)
- Moved to a tie for third on SEC single season three-pointers list (117)
- Finished the NIT shooting a perfect 17-for-17 from the free throw line. Hit 25 of 26 free throws in the postseason.
- Made his 59th career start
- Finished with 18 points and seven rebounds