Kentucky-Creighton Postgame Notes
March 23, 2009
- Kentucky improves to 22-13 on the season, while Creighton falls to 27-8.
- Kentucky leads the series with Creighton 8-4 and is now 2-2 against the Bluejays in Omaha.
- The Wildcats are now 13-5 all-time in the NIT.
- This was UK's first meeting with Creighton since the 1948 season. It was the Wildcats' first trip to Omaha since 1940.
- Billy Gillispie is now 140-84 in his career, 40-26 at Kentucky.
- UK advances to the NIT Quarterfinals and will play at Notre Dame on Wed., March 25.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Ramon Harris, Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson, Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson. UK is now 14-9 with that lineup.
- UK lost the opening tip. The Wildcats have won the opening tip 21 times this season.
- A.J. Stewart was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his second time this season as the Wildcats' first sub.
- UK extended its string of 710 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- Kentucky trailed 33-31 at the half. The Wildcats are 4-9 when trailing at halftime.
Individual game notes
#5 Ramon Harris
- Made his 51st career start
- Recorded a career high eight assists
- Averaging six assists in the NIT
#13 Michael Porter
- Made his 44th career start
- Recorded ninth multi-career game of the season.
#21 Perry Stevenson
- Made his 40th career start
- Recorded his fifth double-double of the season and the seventh of his career
- 12 field goal attempts tied his career high
- Pulled down a career postseason high 10 rebounds
- Averaging 11.5 points in NIT play
#23 Jodie Meeks
- Made his 41st career start
- Four first half FG attempts was fewest since four attempts against Mississippi State.
- Scored in double digits in 34 of 35 games this season.
- Moved to 35th on UK's all-time scoring list with 1,225 points.
- Moved to fifth on SEC single season three-pointer FG attempted list (278).
- Made his 58th career start
- Became the 57th member of UK's 1,000 point club, doing so in 58 games, the 10th fastest in UK history.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Tallied four rebounds, the most since he grabbed four against Mississippi State John Hayden Asst. Director Athletic Media Relations University of Kentucky