Kentucky-Robert Morris Postgame Notes
March 19, 2013
- Kentucky season ends with a 21-12 overall record. Robert Morris improves to 24-10 and advances to the second round of the NIT.
- With RMU's win the series is now tied 1-1, with each team winning on its home floor in the series.
- Kentucky is now 13-7 overall in NIT games.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky used the starting combination of Willie Cauley-Stein, Archie Goodwin, Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays and Alex Poythress for the eighth-straight game. That combination is 4-4 this season.
- Jarrod Polson was the first sub off the bench for the Blue and White. He has been the first substation eight times this season now.
- -Harrow connected on Kentucky's first made 3-point attempt. The basket extended UK's 3-point streak to 860 consecutive games which is a standard that ranks as the third longest such streak in the nation.
- Robert Morris scored the game's first 10 points. That's the most consecutive points scored to open a game by a UK opponent this season.
- Kentucky falls to 2-11 this season when trailing at the break. UK was down 28-27 at half against RMU.
- UK went on an 11-0 run to tie the game at 53-53. The teams exchanged baskets before a pair of free throws by RMU's Mike McFadden decided the final margin. Kyle Wiltjer's 3-point attempt as time expired rimmed out.
Individual Player Notes
- Registered his second-career block.
- Scored 10 points and now has three career double-figure scoring games in his career.
- Played a career-high 31 minutes.
- Led the team with three assists and now has passed out three or more in five games this year.
#10 Archie Goodwin
- Scored eight-consecutive points to get the score tied at 24 apiece in the opening half.
- Reached double-figure scoring for the 25th time this season with a team-high 18 points.
- Tallied 466 points in his first-season in the Blue and White. That's the sixth most points by a UK freshman in school history.
- Led the team with seven rebounds.
- Made a perfect 8-of-8 free throws which ranks as the second-most in a single game in UK history in an NIT game.
- He's the 22nd player in the Calipari era to hit 1.000 percent of his free throws when making six or more.
- With the eight made shots from the charity stripe he finishes his freshman season having made 135 on the year. That total is good for the seventh most by a freshman in UK history.
- Had nine points and a blocked shot. He has logged at least one swat in nine-straight games to finish the season.
- Becomes the seventh player in program history to register 60 or more blocks in his freshman season.
- Pulled down four rebounds in tonight's game and logged 179 on the year. That mark is good for the 12th most by a freshman in program history.
#22 Alex Poythress
- Scored six points and had a pair of rebounds. His 371 points scored on the year is the 17th most by a freshman in school history, while his 199 rebounds are good for the ninth most by a first-year player.
#34 Julius Mays
- Finished the season having made at least one 3-pointer in 21 of his final 22 career games.
- Ended his collegiate career with five points scored in tonight's game, and just one tally shy of 1,000 in a career with 999 career points.