Kentucky-Iowa State Postgame Notes
March 17, 2012
- Kentucky moved to 34-2, while Iowa State dropped to 23-11.
- The Wildcats are 3-0 all-time against Iowa State and 2-0 against the Cyclones in the NCAA Tournament.
- Kentucky has the most NCAA Tournament wins in the history of the tournament with 107.
- UK is now 106-46 in NCAA Tournament games.
- The Wildcats are now 19-6 in NCAA Tournament third round games (previously second round).
- Kentucky is 125-33) all-time in Louisville.
- Head coach John Calipari is now 34-13 in the NCAA Tournament.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Anthony Davis and Marquis Teague for the 25th time this season. UK is 25-1 with that starting five.
- Darius Miller was the first sub off the bench for UK. It was his 23rd time as the Wildcat sixth man.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 823 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- With five blocked shots, the Wildcats moved to second on the all-time NCAA team blocks list with 313.
- Kentucky led 38-27 at the half. The Wildcats are 28-0 this season when leading at halftime.
- The Wildcats attempted 13 3-pointers in the first half, the 11th time this season UK has attempted double-figure 3s and the second time in three games (16 vs. Vanderbilt in the SEC Tournament championship).
- With the game tied 42-42, the Wildcats went on a 20-2 run to take a 62-44 lead.
Individual game notes
- Finished with 19 points pushing his career total to 1,203 points, placing him 41st on the all-time scoring list.
- With eight points, Jones moved to 55th on UK’s all-time scoring list with 1,025 career points.
- Fouled out for the third time this season.
#20 Doron Lamb
- With 16 points moved to within 49 points of his 1,000th career point.
- Has hit a 3-pointer in 18-straight games.
- Hit a NCAA Tournament career-high five 3-pointers.
- Five 3-pointers tied for fifth most 3s in a NCAA Tournament game for UK.
#23 Anthony Davis
- With two blocks, is in fourth on the NCAA all-time freshman block list with 166.
- Also sits in third on the SEC single-season blocks list.
- Tallied 10 first-half points, the ninth time this season he’s gone for double-digits in the first half.
- Recorded his 18th double-double of the season, fifth in the last six games and eighth in the last 10 games.
#25 Marquis Teague
- Finished with seven assists to only two turnovers. In last 18 games, has 97 assists to 42 turnovers, Teague boasts a 2.3 assist-to-turnover ratio.
- Scored 13 first-half points, the first time this season he’s hit double-figures in the first half.
- Finished a career-high 24 points.
- Teague’s 24 points ties for fourth most among UK freshmen in an NCAA Tournament game.