Kentucky-Princeton Postgame Notes
March 17, 2011
- Kentucky moves to 26-8 on the season. Princeton falls to 25-7.
- The Wildcats are 3-1 all-time against Princeton and 2-0 against the Tigers in the NCAA Tournament.
- UK moves to 102-45 all-time in the NCAA Tournament and 5-1 in NCAA Tournament games held in the Tampa metro area.
- The Cats are now 41-10 in NCAA Tournament openers and UK has won 19 of its last 20.
- John Calipari is now 29-12 in the NCAA Tournament.
- UK advances to the third round where they will take on West Virginia on Saturday.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb and Josh Harrellson. UK is 7-1 with that starting lineup.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his ninth time to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 783 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats led 34-33 at the half. UK is 23-2 (22-2) when leading at halftime.
- Kentucky shot 54.2 pct. (13-24) from the field in the first half.
- After beginning the second half shooting 1-7 from the floor, Kentucky hit seven of its next nine shots.
Individual game notes
- Finished with 17 points, his 10th straight game in double-figures.
- Tallied 15 first-half points, the fourth time this season he’s scored double-figures in the first half.
- Averaging 14.3 points and 5.3 rebounds in the postseason.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Hit the game-winning basket on a driving lay-up with :02 left on the clock.
- Held scoreless in the first half for the first time this season.
- Averaging 5.5 (22 total) assists in the postseason.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Finished with seven points and three rebounds
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Finished with eight points, two rebounds, two assists and one block
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Has scored in double-figures in three of the last four games.
- Averaging 11.5 points and 8.75 rebounds in postseason play this year.
- NCAA Tournament career highs in points (15), rebounds (10), steals (four) and blocks (one).
- Tallied career high four steals.
- Has recorded seven or more rebounds in four-straight games.
- Recorded his seventh double-double this season and his second in the postseason.
- In the second half alone, scored nine points, grabbed four rebounds and stole three balls