Kentucky-Vanderbilt Postgame Notes
March 15, 2013
- Kentucky drops to 21-11 overall and Vanderbilt improves to 16-16 on the season.
- Despite the loss, UK still leads the series 138-46. The Wildcats are 7-2 against the Commodores in neutral game sites, but have dropped each of the last two with both coming in the league tournament. The series is now tied 3-3 when the teams meet in the quarterfinals of the Southeastern Conference Tournament.
- Kentucky's all-time SEC Tournament record now stands at 119-24.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky used the starting combination of Willie Cauley-Stein, Archie Goodwin, Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays and Alex Poythress for the fifth-straight game. That combination is 4-3 this season.
- Jarrod Polson was the first sub off the bench for the Blue and White. He has been the first substation seven times this season now.
- -Poythress connected on Kentucky's first made 3-point attempt. The basket extended UK's 3-point streak to 859 consecutive games which is a standard that ranks as the third longest such streak in the nation. Vanderbilt holds the second-longest such streak and pushed its run to 865.
- Kentucky trailed 37-23 at halftime. UK is 2-10 this season when trailing at the break.
Individual Player Notes
#4 Jon Hood
- Hit a 3-pointer on his first shot attempt of the game. He has now connected on at least one long-range shot in five games this season.
#10 Archie Goodwin
- Reached double-figure scoring for a team-high 24th time this season with 12 points.
#12 Ryan Harrow
- Hauled in five or more rebounds for the sixth time this season.
- Tallied six or more rebounds in seven-straight games.
#22 Alex Poythress
- Drew his third charge of the season early in the first half.
- Knocked down a 3-pointer in four of his last six games.
#33 Kyle Wiltjer
- Notched his second drawn charge of the year.
- Scored in double-figures for the 16th time this season with 10 points.
#34 Julius Mays
- He has now made at least one 3-pointer in 19 of his last 20 games and in 29 games overall this season.