Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
March 13, 2010
- Kentucky improves to 31-2 on the season while Tennessee falls to 25-8.
- UK is 144-66 against the Volunteers, including an 11-4 mark against UT in the SEC Tournament.
- The Wildcats are 113-22 all-time in the SEC Tournament and 35-2 in SEC Tournament semifinal games.
- UK is 7-1 all-time in Nashville's Bridgestone Arena.
- Kentucky has now won three straight against Tennessee in the SEC Tournament.
- Kentucky will take on the winner of Mississippi State/Vanderbilt in the championship game on Sunday. Tipoff is set for noon CT on ABC.
- UK advances to the championship game for the 34 th time in school history, 21 more than any other league member (Alabama has made 13 tourney finals).
- UK is seeking its 26th SEC Tournament title. Since the tournament was renewed in 1979, UK is 13-5 in title games.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the 24 th time this season. Kentucky is 22-2 with that starting five.
- DeAndre Liggins and Daniel Orton were the first subs off the bench for Kentucky.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 744 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- UK closed out the first half on an 11-2 run and held Tennessee scoreless for the final 6:12 of the half.
- Leading 50-41, Darnell Dodson hit two-straight three-pointers followed by a dunk, scoring eight straight points and pushing UK's lead to 58-41.
- After shooting 2-of-22 from behind the three-point line in the last game against Tennessee, the Wildcats hit 8-of-22 from three-point range while holding the Volunteers to 2-of-15.
- The Cats have hit at least eight three-pointers in three of their last four games.
- UK finished the game on a 29-6 run over the final 9:32.
- UK held Tennessee to its worst shooting performance of the year at 30.9 (17-of-55) percent.
- UK hit 50 percent of its shots for the second-straight game - 52.1 percent (25-of-48). The Cats improve to 16-0 when shooting over 50 percent from the field.
- UK won the rebounding battle (44-29) and improves to 24-1 when doing so.
Individual game notes
- Has hit a three-pointer in six of the last eight games.
- Has hit a three-pointer in four-straight games
- Has multiple threes in three of the last four games.
#4 Jon Hood
- Scored first points since tallying three at LSU (2/6).
#11 John Wall
- Finished with 14 points, six rebounds and a game-high nine assists.
- Averaging 12.3 points and 4.6 assists in the SEC tournament.
- Has five or more rebounds in seven of his last 10 games.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- Finished with a game-high 19 points and 15 rebounds.
- Recorded his 19 th double-double this season, tying him for fourth on UK's all-time single season list. It's the most since Jim Andrews' 21 in 1973.
- Scored in double-figures in the first half (11 points) for the 10 th time this season.
- Drew two charges today and leads the team with 11 drawn charges this season.
#24 Eric Bledsoe
- Finished with five three-pointers, tying his career high. He also hit five vs. Sam Houston State (11/19).
- Has hit at least one three in four of his last five games.
- Has eight games with multiple three-pointers this season.
- Has scored in double-figures in three-straight games.
- Averaging 9.0 points in the SEC tournament.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Scored first points since tallying four against Arkansas (1/23).