Kentucky-LSU Postgame Notes
March 13, 2009
- Kentucky falls to 20-13 on the season, while LSU improves to 26-6.
- Kentucky leads the series with LSU 78-24 and is now 14-2 against the Tigers in the SEC Tournament.
- The Wildcats are now 111-22 overall in the SEC Tournament.
- UK is 36-10 in SEC Tournament quarterfinal games.
- This was UK's first meeting with LSU in the SEC Tournament since the finals of the 2005 tournament. The Wildcats' loss to the Tigers snapped a five-game winning streak against the Bayou Bengals in the SEC tournament.
- Billy Gillispie is now 138-84 in his career, 38-26 at Kentucky.
- The Wildcats now await their postseason fate.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Ramon Harris, Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson, Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson. UK is now 12-9 with that lineup.
- Kentucky wore its black uniforms for just the second time in program history.
- UK lost the opening tip. The Wildcats have won the opening tip 20 times this season.
- Josh Harrellson was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his fourth time this season as the Wildcats' first sub.
- UK hit 4-of-13 from beyond the arc, extending its string of 708 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- Kentucky trailed 28-23 at the half. The Wildcats are 3-9 when trailing at the half this year.
Individual game notes
#5 Ramon Harris
- Made his 50th career start
- Made first career postseason three-pointer
#13 Michael Porter
- Made his 42 nd career start
- Netted three three-pointers, his eighth multi-three point game of the season
- Scored a postseason career high nine points
#21 Perry Stevenson
- Made his 38 th career start
- Swatted two blocks and now has blocked a shot in four of the last five games
#23 Jodie Meeks
- Made his 39 th career start
- Held to single digits for the first time this season, snapping a 32-game streak with double-figures
- Made his 56 th career start
- Led UK with 15 points and 10 rebounds
- Grabbed eight first half rebounds. He is averaging 7.4 first half rebounds over the last five games.
- Recorded his third straight double-double, the third time this season he's tallied three straight double-doubles
- Recorded his 14 th double-double of the season, tied for 10 th most in a season in school history. It was the 20 th of his career, tying him for 13 th on UK's all-time list