Kentucky-Alabama Postgame Notes
March 12, 2010
- Kentucky improves to 30-2 on the season. Alabama falls to 17-15.
- UK recorded its 12 th 30-win season and the first since 2003 when the Cats went 32-4.
- UK is 100-35 against the Crimson Tide, including a 12-2 mark against Bama in the SEC Tournament.
- The Wildcats are 112-22 all-time in the SEC Tournament and 6-1 all-time in Nashville's Bridgestone Arena.
- Kentucky is 37-10 in SEC Tournament quarterfinal games, including 4-1 against Alabama.
- Kentucky has now won seven in a row against Alabama in the SEC Tournament.
- Kentucky will take on the winner of Tennessee/Ole Miss in the semifinals on Saturday. Tipoff is set for noon CT on ABC.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Eric Bledsoe, DeMarcus Cousins, Darius Miller, Patrick Patterson and John Wall for the 23 rd time this season. Kentucky is 21-2 with that starting five.
- Darnell Dodson, DeAndre Liggins and Daniel Orton were the first subs off the bench for Kentucky.
- Kentucky extended its streak of game with a three-pointer to 743 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- UK trailed 35-30 at the half, the sixth time this season the Wildcats have trailed going into halftime. The Wildcats are 5-1 when trailing at the half.
- UK reclaimed the lead 43-42 at the 13:51 mark of the second half after trailing since the 13:47 mark of the first half.
- Trailing 40-36, John Wall scored seven straight points for the Wildcats to propel them to a 43-42 lead.
- UK was out-rebounded for just the eighth time this season (45-33). UK improves to 7-1 when out-rebounded by the opponent.
- UK hit 50.0 percent (25-of-50) from the field, including 63.6 percent (14-of-22) in the second half. UK improves to 15-0 when shooting over 50 percent from the field.
- This marks the first time since Nov. 19, 2009, that at least two Wildcats have scored 20-plus points in a game (Cousins 27, Wall 21, Patterson 20 vs. Sam Houston State).
Individual game notes
- Third consecutive double-figure performance.
- Has connected on a three-pointer in three-straight games.
#11 John Wall
- Eighth 20-point game this season.
- Marked the 12 th time this season to lead the Cats in scoring.
- Has dished out five or more assists in four consecutive games.
- Has pulled down five or more rebounds in six of Kentucky's last nine games.
- Scored 16 of his game-high 23 points in the decisive second half.
#15 DeMarcus Cousins
- After going scoreless in the first half for only the fourth time this season and pulling down three rebounds, finished with seven points and eight rebounds, all defensive boards.
#21 Perry Stevenson
- Most points since scoring six points off the bench vs. Arkansas on Jan. 23.
- Moved to a tie for fifth on UK's all-time blocks list with his 155th.
- Moved to within seven points of 15 th in UK's all-time scoring list (1,502).
- Scored 10 first half points, the 11 th time this season he's hit double-figures in the first half and the third time in the last five games.
- Perfect from the charity stripe (8-of-8) for the 11 th time this season and has now hit 15 consecutive free throws, dating back to Feb. 27 vs. Tennessee.
- Eight made free throws were a season high.
- Finished with an SEC Tournament career-high 20 points.
- Shooting 84.2 percent from the free-throw line in SEC Tournament games (16-of-19).