Kentucky-Ole Miss Postgame Notes
March 11, 2011
- Kentucky wins its fourth consecutive game and improves to 23-8 on the season. Ole Miss falls to 20-13.
- The Wildcats are 97-13 all-time against the Rebels and 15-0 against Ole Miss in the SEC Tournament.
- Kentucky lost to Ole Miss in the regular season, 71-69 in Oxford.
- UK is 115-22 in the SEC Tournament and 20-7 in SEC Tournament games held in Atlanta.
- The Cats are now 38-11 in SEC Tournament quarterfinal games and 6-0 against Ole Miss in the quarterfinal round of the tournament.
- UK has now won 42 of its last 50 SEC Tournament games.
- Kentucky will be in action again Saturday, March 12 at 1 p.m. EST vs. Alabama. The game will be televised on ABC.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb and Josh Harrellson for the sixth-straight game. UK is 5-1 with that starting lineup.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his sixth time to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 780 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- Kentucky led 36-29 at the half. The Wildcats are 20-2 when leading at halftime.
- UK outscored Ole Miss 42-20 in points in the paint, its largest margin in that category this season.
- The Wildcats led wire-to-wire. UK led by as many as 12 points at 51-39. Ole Miss closed within two points, 68-66, with 1:48 remaining, but Brandon Knight scored the final seven points of the game to preserve the victory.
Individual game notes
- Had 15 points and has now scored in double-figures for the seventh straight game, the longest such streak in his career.
- Has hit a 3-pointer in 18-straight games.
- Is averaging 16.3 over the last seven games.
- Scored an SEC Tournament career-high 15 points.
- Pulled down a tournament career-high seven rebounds.
- --With seven rebounds, he passed Sam Bowie and Chris Mills for second on UK’s all-time freshman rebounding list with 282.
#12 Brandon Knight
- Had 17 points, including the last seven of the game.
- Tied with Dirk Minniefield for second on UK’s all-time freshman assist list with 126 assists. He had a game-high six assists today.
- Has scored in double-digits in 26 straight games, the most since Jodie Meeks tallied 32-straight double-figure games in the 2008-09 season.
- Grabbed seven rebounds, just one shy of his career high.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Finished with a team-high 19 points.
- Fourth time this season he has led the team in scoring.
- Scored 13 first-half points, the ninth time this season he’s scored in double-figures in the first half. It was the most first-half points since tallying 17 in the first frame against Winthrop.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Scored a SEC Tournament career-high 13 points.