Kentucky-Florida Postgame Notes
March 10, 2012
- Kentucky improves to 32-1, while Florida falls to 23-10.
- The Wildcats are 93-33 all-time against Florida and 12-3 against the Gators in the SEC Tournament.
- Kentucky swept all three games against Florida for the first time since the 2004 season. It marks the first time UK has defeated the same team three times in one season since the 2005 season (Tennessee).
- UK is now 119-22 in SEC Tournament games.
- The Wildcats are riding the nation's longest winning streak at 24 games.
- The Wildcats are now 37-2 all-time in SEC Tournament semifinal games and 2-0 against Florida in the SEC Tournament semifinals.
- Kentucky has won 46 of its last 54 SEC Tournament games.
- Coach John Calipari has won 20-straight conference tournament games and 23 of his last 24.
- UK will play the winner of the Ole Miss/Vanderbilt game in the championship. Tip-off is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET and the game will be televised on ABC.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Anthony Davis and Marquis Teague for the 23rd time. UK is 22-1 with that starting five.
- Darius Miller was the first sub off the bench for UK. It was Miller's 21st time as the Wildcat sixth man.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 820 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- With four blocked shots, the Wildcats sit fourth on the all-time NCAA team blocks list with 291.
- Kentucky led 40-39 at the end of the half. UK is 26-0 when leading at halftime.
- Trailing 39-32 with 4:25 left in the first half, the Wildcat defense didn't allow another point to the Gators for the remainder of the half, while closing on an 8-0 run to take a 40-39 lead into the locker room.
- The Wildcats shot 58.3 pct. from the field in the first half, their highest first half percentage since shooting 58.6 pct. in their first-half victory over South Carolina.
- UK trailed 56-51 at the 10:43 mark but then went on a 14-0 run to take a 65-56 lead. During that time the Kentucky defense held Florida scoreless for 6:30 minutes.
- Kentucky had five players in double-figures
- UK was 5-6 from the free throw line in the final three minutes.
Individual game notes
- With 15 points, Jones is now 17 points shy of becoming UK's 59th member of the 1,000-point club.
- Jones scored seven points and pulled down five rebounds during Kentucky's 14-0 run that began with 10:43 remaining in the second half.
#14 Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
- Finished with 10 points and eight rebounds while playing 39 minutes
#23 Anthony Davis
- With two blocks, sits in fourth on the NCAA Freshman blocks list with 154.
- Took sole possession of seventh on UK's career blocks list, one shy of Jules Camara's 155.
- Tallied 10 first-half points, the seventh time this season he's gone for double-figures in the first half.
- Recorded his 16th double-double of the season, second most all-time among Kentucky freshmen.
- Has tallied three-straight double-doubles, his second longest streak of the season. He put together five-straight prior to the start of league play.
#20 Doron Lamb
- With 16 points, Lamb led the team in scoring for the 10th time, the most of any player.
#25 Marquis Teague
- With 80 assists to 37 turnovers, Teague boasts a 2.2 assist-to-turnover ratio over the last 15 games.