Kentucky-LSU Postgame Notes
March 9, 2012
- Kentucky improves to 31-1, while LSU drops to 18-14.
- The Wildcats are 82-24 all-time against LSU and 15-2 against the Tigers in the SEC Tournament.
- UK is now 118-22 in SEC Tournament games.
- The Wildcats extend the nation’s longest winning streak to 23 games.
- The Wildcats are 39-11 all-time in SEC Tournament quarterfinal games and 4-1 against LSU in the SEC Tournament quarterfinals.
- Kentucky has won 45 of its last 53 SEC Tournament games.
- Coach John Calipari has won 19-straight conference tournament games and 22 of his last 23.
- UK will play the winner of the Alabama/Florida in the semifinals. Tip-off is scheduled for noon ET and the game will be televised on ABC.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doron Lamb, Anthony Davis and Marquis Teague for the 22nd time. UK is 21-1 with that starting five.
- Darius Miller and Kyle Wiltjer were the first subs off the bench for UK. It was Miller’s 20th time as the Wildcat sixth man and Wiltjer’s eighth.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 819 games, the third-longest streak in the country.
- With 9 blocked shots, the Wildcats moved to fourth on the all-time NCAA team blocks list with 287.
- Trailing 12-7, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Doron Lamb combined for Kentucky’s final 18 points of the first half.
- UK led 25-24 at halftime. The Wildcats are now 25-0 when leading at the half.
- The Wildcats’ 25 first-half points was a season low for points scored in the first half.
- Trailing 35-30 in the second half, Terrence Jones went on a 9-0 run to give the Wildcats a 39-35 lead.
- Kentucky held LSU to its two lowest scoring games of the season. 50 points on January 28th and 51 on March 9th
Individual game notes
- With 15 points, is now 32 points shy of becoming UK’s 59th member of the 1,000-point club.
- Tallied his second double-double of the season and the 15th of his career.
- Finished with 19 points, the most he’s scored since tallying 24 against Louisville.
- Scored in double-figures in the first half for sixth time this season.
#23 Anthony Davis
- With six blocks, moved to 4th on NCAA Freshman blocks list with 152.
- Moved in to a tie with Patrick Patterson at seventh on UK’s career blocks list.
- Tallied his 15th double-double of the season, second most all-time among UK freshmen.
#25 Marquis Teague
- 2.2 assist-to-turnover ratio over the last 14 games.