Kentucky-Georgia Postgame Notes
March 7, 2013
- Kentucky drops to 20-10 overall and 11-6 in Southeastern Conference action. Georgia improves to 15-15 and 9-8 in league competition.
- UK still leads the series 115-26, and 40-17 in Athens. Kentucky has won 14 of the last 19 meetings between the two teams.
- Kentucky returns to action for its final home game of the season on Saturday, March 9. UK will take on No. 11/9 Florida at Noon ET. The game will air live on CBS.
- Prior to the game, UK will honor its two seniors Twany Beckham and Julius Mays in traditional Senior Day ceremonies.
Team Game Notes
- Kentucky used the starting combination of Willie Cauley-Stein, Archie Goodwin, Ryan Harrow, Julius Mays and Alex Poythress for the fifth-straight game. That combination falls to 3-2 on the year.
- Kyle Wiltjer was the first sub off the bench for the Blue and White. He has been the first substation a team-leading 16 times this year.
- -Goodwin connected on Kentucky's first made 3-point attempt. The basket extended UK's 3-point streak to 857 consecutive games which is a standard that ranks as the third longest such streak in the nation.
- Kentucky trailed at the break and is 2-9 this season when behind at half time.
Individual Player Notes
#4 Jon Hood
- Hauled in three rebounds and scored four points. He has seven rebounds in the last two games.
- His two free throws made are the first of the season, and match a career-high.
#10 Archie Goodwin
- With 20 points tonight, he has scored in double-figures in 22 of 30 games this season.
- Hit multiple 3-pointers for the fifth time in his career.
#12 Ryan Harrow
- Reached double-figure scoring for the 17th time in his last 20 outings and in five-straight with 11 points in tonight's game.
- Notched a double-double effort with 10 points and 11 rebounds. He has four double-double efforts on the year, and this is the first time he has posted a double-double in consecutive outings.
- Scored the game's first basket on UK's opening possession. It marks the third time this season he's been the game's first scorer.
- Drew his third career charge late in the opening half. He's drawn at least one charge in consecutive games.
- Snatched 11 rebounds and has 10 or more boards in consecutive games for the first time in his career.
#22 Alex Poythress
- Dished out a career-high three assists.
#33 Kyle Wiltjer
- Scored 12 points and reached double-figures for the 15th time this season, and the 20th time in his career.