Kentucky-Florida Postgame Notes
March 7, 2009
- Kentucky is now 19-12, 8-8 on the season. Florida improves to 22-9, 9-7.
- Kentucky leads the series with Florida 86-32 and is now 31-21 in Gainesville.
- UK's last win in Gainesville was in the 2004 season.
- The Wildcats and Gators split the regular season series for the second straight year.
- Kentucky returns to action on Thursday in the first round of the SEC Tournament in Tampa, Fla. The Wildcats' opponent has yet to be determined.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Ramon Harris, Jodie Meeks, Patrick Patterson, Michael Porter and Perry Stevenson. UK is 11-8 with that lineup.
- UK lost the opening tip. The Wildcats have won the opening tip 19 times this season.
- Darius Miller was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his team leading 14th time this season as the Wildcats' first sub.
- UK extended its string of 707 consecutive games making a three-pointer.
- Kentucky committed 23 turnovers the most since turning the ball over 23 times at Alabama.
- The Wildcats shot a season low 50 percent (5-10) from the free throw line.
- UK scored a season low 53 points.
Individual game notes
- Recorded a season best four steals.
#5 Ramon Harris
- Made his 48th career start
- Finished with 14 points, the most since scoring 15 at North Carolina.
- Recorded an SEC season high.
#13 Michael Porter
- Made his 40th career start
#21 Perry Stevenson
- Made his 36th career start|
#23 Jodie Meeks
- Made his 37th career start
- Has hit a three-pointer in 30 of 31 games this season.
- Has scored in double-figures in every game this season.
- Moved to 41st on UK”s all-time scoring list with 1,157.
- Made his 54th career start
- Averaging 12.7 points and seven rebounds in the first half in the last three games.
- Recorded his SEC leading 12th double-double this season.
- Moved to a tie for 15th on UK's all-time double-double list with 18 career double-doubles.
- Finished with 13 rebounds, eight offensive.
- Has 10 blocked shots in last two games.