Kentucky-Tennessee Postgame Notes
March 6, 2011
- Kentucky improved to 22-8, 10-6 SEC on the season. Tennessee drops to 18-13, 8-8 SEC.
- The Wildcats are 146-66 all-time against the Volunteers and 52-47 against Tennessee in Knoxville.
- UK swept Tennessee in the regular season for the second time in three years.
- UK is 165-51 against SEC East teams since the league split into two divisions in 1992.
- With its 10th win in SEC play, Kentucky has tallied 16 double-digit win seasons in conference play since the league split in two divisions in the 1991-92 season.
- Kentucky will be in action again in the SEC Tournament in Atlanta. The Wildcats are the East No. 2 seed and will play Friday against the winner of South Carolina/Ole Miss. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. with the game being televised on the SEC Network.
Team game notes
- The Wildcats used the starting combination of Darius Miller, Terrence Jones, Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb and Josh Harrellson for the fifth-straight game. UK is 4-1 with that starting lineup.
- DeAndre Liggins was the first sub off the bench for Kentucky. It was his fifth time to be the first Wildcat off the bench.
- Kentucky extended its streak of games with a 3-pointer to 779 games, the third longest streak in the country.
- The Wildcats trailed 29-22 at the half. UK is 3-6 this year when trailing at halftime and 2-5 in the league.
- Kentucky shot a season low 28.6 pct. in the first from the field while scoring 22 points. It was the lowest first-half output since scoring 22 at Florida in the 2009 season.
- The Wildcats improved to 20-1 when holding their opponent to 69 points or less.
- After hitting just 1-5 from 3-point range in the first half, Kentucky was 6-of-13 in the second half from behind the arc.
- Kentucky shot a season low 35.8 pct. from the field, but the Cats improved to 3-4 when shooting below 40 pct.
- The Wildcats shot 14-of-16 (87.5 pct) from the free throw line in the second half. Terrence Jones was 6-of-8, Brandon Knight 6-of-6 and Darius Miller 2-of-2.
Individual game notes
- Finished with 15 points, four rebounds and two steals. It was his sixth straight game in double-figures, the longest such streak of his career.
- In his last six games, Miller is averaging 16.5 points.
- Recorded his league leading11th double-double this season with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Also added three assists and two blocks.
- Attempted a career-high 15 free throws.
- Moved to third on UK freshman free-throw list with 139, passing Dwight Anderson (131).
#12 Brandon Knight
- Moved to first on UK’s all-time freshman 3-point list, breaking his tie with Rex Chapman (68).
- Scored in double-figures for the 25th straight game, the longest streak in program history among freshmen. The last time a Wildcat scored in double-figures in 25 straight games was Jodie Meeks was in the 2008-09 season.
- Has hit 25 of his last 26 free throws.
- After scoring only two points in the first (at the buzzer), tallied 17 points in the second half.
- Played 40 or more minutes for the fifth time this season.
#20 Doron Lamb
- Connected on multiple 3-pointers for the 20th time this season.
- Fouled out for the second time this season.
#34 DeAndre Liggins
- Drew his seventh charge of the season, tying Brandon Knight for the team lead.
- Fouled out for only the second time this season.
- Finished six points, six rebounds and three assists.
#55 Josh Harrellson
- Grabbed five rebounds and blocked two shots.
- Has six blocks in his last two games and has 16 multiple-block games this season.